River is being very vocal today, she’s still at it even as I type this! Tegan throws a peck her way every so often to tell her to shut it. :D

She is quite loud. She sounds like Lilly when it's laying day! I wonder what bee was in her bonnet?

Haha! Sassy Butt! It’s still Friday, but I did not get any fluffy butt photos. Just prickly butt photos.
View attachment 2376052

Poor Lucky is my fatty who seems too bulbous below her vent.
Poor baby. She is looking rough. I'm glad she joined us here during our Fluffy Butt celebration. 🥰

If there’s such a think as a silver laced brahma, yes. But I’m only aware of light, buff and dark brahmas. OMG, dark brahmas are gorgeous and on my list. Shad wouldn’t like them much, as they are huge fluffy things, but they are so pretty and cuddly looking!
They do look super cuddly. Big friendly chickens. 🥰

Yes, Bridge! Look at those sweet slivers of bars. I’ve never seen that... so delicate. Faverolles come red??? so pretty! Happy Cheeks was a Salmon Faverolle. I’d still like another someday. Bob, is Aurora a Salmon Faverolle?
View attachment 2376063
Aurora is an EE. She looks so much like a Salmon Faverolle it's scary.

I pray she is safely up for the night
:fl :fl :fl
I feel your pain... Cousin in law has been making her presence known here as well, and Sister in law- so helpful and knowledgeable, and totally not citiots like me. NO you don’t grab a bird by their wings FFS! I have also had to watch for the small human (who has been asking for me) closing the doors when his mother deigns to allow a visit, friends and their messsy divorces and custody battles :thmay the kids also come out unscathed.

now I have an inkling in what was being mentioned when I was tagged over on @Ribh thread in mention of family drama and you:hugs

Today was a long day and I came in after dark to a coon 20’ from my hospital tractor (open) but all chickens are accounted for and now safely tucked in, but a harrowing moment as I was closing up the doors and saw that gleaming eye in the woods. keep the meddling hands OUT.i have had several small showdowns of late here but am really stressing the MY chickens factor. They may have taken the cows away, but the chickens are Wholly mine from eggs to flocks, and I will stand up for them.
They took the cows away? Sounds like the whole family is messing around in the farm now. Even more so than before. :hugs :hugs

Young Tap survived her night out. Shortly after dawn she was calling for Treacle and Cillin from where she had perched in a tree. She hadn't gone far and it was unlucky that I didn't spot her last night.
The family drama, it's relentless tbh. Covid has just made it worse and most days I just do what needs doing and ignore the rampant stupidity from the others in the main house.
One of them will be leaving after Christmas which will improve things slightly.
All I can to is offer hugs. :hugs :hugs

I am so happy Tap is ok! :yesss:

Back
Top Bottom