Young Tap survived her night out. Shortly after dawn she was calling for Treacle and Cillin from where she had perched in a tree. She hadn't gone far and it was unlucky that I didn't spot her last night.
The family drama, it's relentless tbh. Covid has just made it worse and most days I just do what needs doing and ignore the rampant stupidity from the others in the main house.
One of them will be leaving after Christmas which will improve things slightly.

Yey! I’m so glad she’s ok, I’ve been thinking about her all day! :yesss:

Young Tap survived her night out. Shortly after dawn she was calling for Treacle and Cillin from where she had perched in a tree. She hadn't gone far and it was unlucky that I didn't spot her last night.
The family drama, it's relentless tbh. Covid has just made it worse and most days I just do what needs doing and ignore the rampant stupidity from the others in the main house.

I'm so glad she found a safe place for overnight 🤗🤗

Now she is what I call a good looking hen.:love

Thank you Shad, I will pass on the compliments.

She's a lovely girl. She comes when called and got up next to the table when I asked her to, to check her butt. I had to lift her the rest of the way. :)

Went to shut Tribe 1 in for the night and found them perched around the outside of the coop. The pop door was shut!
It is just about possible that one of the sheep knocked it and it feel down the slots but I very much doubt it. That means someone shut it. I haven't asked yet and it will take me a while to be calm enough to be able to hold my temper.
The problem is, Tap is missing. I found all the others but not her. I had hoped she might have got into the hay storage section of the sheep shed but she wasn't there. I've looked everywhere I can think she might go. I do hope she makes it through the night. It's one thing having a tribe, or even two or three out for the night. The more sensible pick decent roost spots. Tap isn't very old and doesn't have the experience. The rest stuck close to Cillin and Treacle and naturally, even if I had missed them at dusk, I would have discovered the problem later when I check on them.

This type of thing is one of those largely unreported consequences of the Covid virus. People who should be safely shut in offices playing with bits of paper and their computers decide they will do stuff around the place. There have been lots of accidents in the area from exactly this. People have decided to things themselves because the suddentdly have the time rather than let or pay the people who usually do these things for them. Three chainsaw accidents this year on this mountain alone. We've had two donkey injuries here that required vet care because the people here can't remember to shut gates, turn on electric fences, check water supply and even worse, decide to take the animals out on excursions.
It's not just a problem here. I was talking about this subject with a couple of other people with small holdings here who have family members who usually work in Barcelona or similar.
I just hope Tap has found somewhere safe.:fl
I hope Tap is ok too. :fl

I pray she is safely up for the night
:fl :fl :fl
I feel your pain... Cousin in law has been making her presence known here as well, and Sister in law- so helpful and knowledgeable, and totally not citiots like me. NO you don’t grab a bird by their wings FFS! I have also had to watch for the small human (who has been asking for me) closing the doors when his mother deigns to allow a visit, friends and their messsy divorces and custody battles :thmay the kids also come out unscathed.

now I have an inkling in what was being mentioned when I was tagged over on @Ribh thread in mention of family drama and you:hugs

Today was a long day and I came in after dark to a coon 20’ from my hospital tractor (open) but all chickens are accounted for and now safely tucked in, but a harrowing moment as I was closing up the doors and saw that gleaming eye in the woods. keep the meddling hands OUT.i have had several small showdowns of late here but am really stressing the MY chickens factor. They may have taken the cows away, but the chickens are Wholly mine from eggs to flocks, and I will stand up for them.
Life would be so much easier if we didn't have to deal with the people. Well, at least the ones we don't care for.

I would be content with just my animals and a few select humans. Plus occasional visits from other select humans.

So happy to hear Tap survived the night! :wee:wee:wee

Happy for you too Shad, you must be relieved. :hugs

River is being very vocal today, she’s still at it even as I type this! Tegan throws a peck her way every so often to tell her to shut it. :D

A few of my girls (I'm looking at you Alice and Pepper!) have been carrying on like pork chops whenever they lay an egg or think about laying an egg. They can carry on for five or ten minutes at a time.

To give the neighbours some peace of mind that I am not axe murdering them as a regular morning event I called out the window to Alice when she started in.

"Oh Alice! Have you laid an egg? What a good girl!"

and to my amazement she shut up! Huh! 🤔 :jumpy

So happy to hear about Tap. :love Also the after Christmas improvement sounds promising. Don't answer if this is too much prying - but are your own plans becoming clearer or is Brexit still a problem?

Back
Top Bottom