Not doing too well here. Fudge is sick.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...-doughy-or-squishy-crop.1427691/post-23597415

I'm on it but between lockdowns delaying the post and problems with brand names etc atm things are not looking good. There is almost always an underlying problem with crop disorders and they are not things either me or Gloria the vet here are equiped to deal with.
Amyway. I'll try everything I can and hope.
Here she is with Fat Bird. Fat Bird knows.
View attachment 2428691
Oh, gosh! This is awful! We seem to be having a streak of bad luck all round here. I hope you & Gloria can pull her through.

You're all going to hate me. I'm going to do it again.....:oops:
This is the first book I got about chickens and other fowl. I attended a lecture at The British Poultry Club many years ago and this was a book many recommended.
Victoria Roberts is old school but incredibly knowledgeable about her subject.
Don't expect any fluffy buttness in this book. It's a down to earth, if a bit dated book that covers most of the chicken sickness problems with free range chickens.
Contained chickens can have other problems but this is a great guide in general.
PB280185.JPG
PB280186.JPG
PB280187.JPG
PB280188.JPG

Right! Time for a return wind up! I hope you can't read the print.:p
Yes, I can read the print [you knew I had to try, didn't you :lol:]I was a bit worried it would be so scientific I'd get lost but so far all is good. I'm glad I waited for something really good. I've been hoarding the birthday money my mum sent me so actually splurged on a hardcover copy.

I’m burying Canna next to her brother “Peeps” I think that is only fitting because they came from the same hatch. And I know Peeps has been waiting for her anyways
I have a graveyard for each tribe here. I dig a lovely grave. I sit in the graveyards from time to time and tell the dead how the living are getting on.

Morning all! I'm back to my normal state of trying to catch up...I only have 42 pages to go...that translates to 420+ posts...:th

I hope you are all having a great weekend!

I missed posting my FBF post yesterday...hopefully it's okay if it's a day late...:D

I believe Maybelline (FBMC) has the fluffiest butt in my flock...it's a toss up between her & Ophelia (BO) whom I will share next Friday!
View attachment 2428624View attachment 2428625
One of my 1st BRs was an Ophelia. :D Lovely name choice. ;)

I’m burying Canna next to her brother “Peeps” I think that is only fitting because they came from the same hatch. And I know Peeps has been waiting for her anyways
and I just did. I have four more chickens,only four and when they leave me, I will sell and move back to DC .nothing here in California for me anymore sell, means everything. My house, my property, my half of the Cessna airplane. Everything.

Oh no not the Pern series! And in hardback! :rant

My paperbacks are all falling apart a bit. Just out of interest do you remember what cover artist you had on them? I can tell that you are one of my people. ☺🤗
I don’t recall the cover art. The first three and Harper Hall were all the really old Book Club editions (Where you get a membership and then get super cheap omnibus editions, but have to buy X number of books every month) but everything after that was purchased as it was released in Hardback. We also have the Ireta Adventure book club edition omnibus, she lost the dust jacket, but thankfully didn’t donate that one (it’s almost impossible to find here now). Another Favorite is the Gandalara Cycle by Randall Garret and Vicki Anne Heydron. That was recently replaced in paperback because it was falling to bits (literally) I am quite thankful for online book ordering!

Back
Top Bottom