You have so much space and a lovely set up. How many chickens do you have?
Thank you...it's a great place for them, they can really spread their wings out here! I currently have 22, 16 hens and 6 roosters! We are going to be thinning out the roosters, 6 is too many!

Here's a video of them spreading their wings for a treat...because running just isn't fast enough! :love

I remembered my other four, and I have my Beethoven-Hen in with me tonight. She seems to want some daddy and me time. I agreed. Actually, couldn’t resist. Big beautiful brown leghorn feathered friend. Re teaching me that I still need to “love the one you are with” yes I love Beethoven-Hen too

Of course she had to check it out...quality control Bob...quality control!!! :gig

I hope you catch the nasty critter! I say that, but we bought our youngest son a pet rat, he named her pokey, because the first time he held her, she went up on his shoulder and her whiskers got his face...his comment "she's pokety, tickleitey (not a word, I know ;) )", he was 6! :love
That is very sweet. My oldest found a way to get a pet mouse by using it for a science fair. His name was thistle. He used to clean his hair into a fohawk. 😆

The Trap is Set

Thanks to @ChicoryBlue I have deployed the Have-A-Heart trap with a snap rat trap inside. Here is the setup.

View attachment 2430204

I went to TSC and purchased a "short snap" trap so the arm would not have far to travel = less chance of getting caught up inside the trap.

I placed the trap in the run.
View attachment 2430216

And Hattie had to check out what I was doing.

View attachment 2430219

Now I can leave them out in the run with the trap. Here's hoping I start to get some results.
Oh but can the chickens get to that poison through the cage??? I want to trust they can't reach it...:fl

Back
Top Bottom