Hey everybody! Sorry I haven’t been around.. my tablet is still not fixed... just wanted to let yall know that I lost my Lilly today from ascites.
This month marks three years that I’ve been keeping chickens and this month (today) I have lost my first chicken... View attachment 2565972
:hugs :hugs So sorry.

Yes I know but I can't do current pics from my PC, thought I'd get a photo taken today from my phone, and that either uses data or there's an offload with cable involved, unless our internet upload speed happens to be reasonable....hey it's pretty good right now. Here it is!

Popcorn and Butters scratching around the loose dirt of a garden edge, just barely snow-free now. You can see on the right a bit of the raised-bed wood. It's next to the driveway and it's a snow pile about three feet high. Will have to shovel it off or it will be June before it's plantable.
View attachment 2567305
Medical note: Butters is nearest here. Her right foot you can see a discoloration and uneven texture of the flesh between the right and middle toe, I've been watching it, there was dried poop there that got a good soaking when I bathed her butt, and most came off easily but some was cemented on there and I didn't try to get it off in case that would injure her skin. I put ichthamol goop on it, then a few days later I saw fresh blood there. I cleaned it gently with the chlorhexidine cream and a swab, then put more ichthamol tar on it. That was several days ago. It seems to not be worsening, it may be clearer, but it's not looking right. Should I just wait and keep watching, or is there something I should be doing?
She looks content. But If you are worried, What I would do, is a soak in Epsom Salts 15 minutes in warm water. (But that's just me) :confused:

Hey everybody! Sorry I haven’t been around.. my tablet is still not fixed... just wanted to let yall know that I lost my Lilly today from ascites.
This month marks three years that I’ve been keeping chickens and this month (today) I have lost my first chicken... View attachment 2565972
So sorry to hear WhoDat. :hugs Three years with no deaths is pretty good though, I lost four in three years.

Here's the beautiful view from my Tractor Supplu parking lot.

20210312_190833.jpg

Back
Top Bottom