Before and hopefully after picture :D
You SHRA-ed Me! :barnie
20200919_075121.jpg

Good morning everyone. Things are starting to stabilize but not where they really need to be just yet. That will happen soon though as I can pick up my 2nd insulin in about a hour. When I'm on the shots they have me taking R and NPH and mix them. The R is a quicker acting one, and the NPH is slower. But while still high, I'm at least in the 2 to 250 range which is alot better then where I was jumping to the previous 2 days. One thing high blood sugar affects is my mood. When is high, especially super high I am as my mom puts it "hateful as a black snake" and sometimes I do not even realize it. So yesterday was not the time to go off the deep end even though I wanted to on that receptionist. I have a clearer head and when I go pick up my medicine, since its right next door to my dr's office I will go over and talk to both my Dr and the bat. Sorry, I know she is new, she doesn't know me where due to covid I only had one office visit in the past year. The rest have been telehealth. But it doesn't give her the right to act the way she did and come off thinking I was wanting to go off the pump for the heck of it. She's also young so maybe that is why she was trying to stick to policy I do not know. But in this case policy sucks, and she could have called my doctor that day at home and he could have changed it right then. Due to the fiasco now though, and since its been years on the pump and neither one of us are sure of the exact dose I have his cell # and can call him for any adjustments needed. Anyway, sorry about the drama, I've just been super stressed past 3 days, going on little sleep as been keeping a check on sugar levels every 2 hours so I don't accidently cause it to bottom out which did happen once when I was stuck using the insulin the pump uses.

Anyway long overdue chicken tax. My handsome Drumstick
View attachment 2566589
I feel the need to offer hugs. :hugs:hugs:hugs

Well things have been straightened out sorta. Finally got my prescription changed over, only pharmacy has to have 1 of the new insulins overnighted. I was able to get one of them, the quick acting R. Levels are slowly stabalizing, but will take a bit of back and forth communicating with my doctor on the exact dose as its been almost 13 years since I've had to take shots. I will get a new pump, but it will probably take 2 months. The one that died was 6 years old and they only have a 5 year warranty. When me and my DR realized this back in January went to get started on the process of replacing it. One hiccup, the hospital he's associated with was bought and under their new management they were requesting that his diabetes patients were to be seen under the new endocrinologist they brought in. Ok fine, get me a appointment. I finally have one after jumping through hoops with my insurance and referrals and crap. It's April 6. So when the pump died on me, I was between a rock and a hard place. The new receptionist was snotty, trying to argue with me under new policy the endo had to make that change. Yeah, haven't seen her yet so they wont do anything and you know this as you made the appointment. I do know that from past experience that after I see her and start the process for a new pump it will take about a month to get it. So i'm looking at staying on shots until around the first of May. Being back on the shots is really no big deal. It's what i did for years until I got the pump, its just a stricter routine and back to set eating schedules. It was just getting the prescription changed over that was a headache, as the insulin for the pump is not made to work as injectable only. And without the continuous bolos the pump provided my levels were ping-ponging, too low then too high and i've felt like crap.
This kind of story really - who just said this?- grinds my gears. :mad: When upper management policy gets in the way of doctoring and the doctor-patient relationship. You and your doctor knew exactly what needed to be done for you. Anyone your doctor consulted would have agreed. Certainly a follow-up by the in-house endocrinologist is fine, but that doesn't help you NOW. And with diabetes, you need management immediately. I would have been tempted to show up at Urgent Care after getting this kind of runaround, as your situation definitely qualifies imo. Or, if my levels were whacky enough, the Emergency Room. Either of those would or could force the issue and get you taken care of and maybe even a consult with an Endocrinologist right then. Sorry, but this stuff drives me nuts and I have no patience for it.

Back
Top Bottom