I use a Behrens can for soldier larvae and other treats, the top wedges on in a sort of lock, by the handle:

View attachment 2617594

They make different sizes. I'll probably get another for my feed, because mouse-proof here means it's got to be metal, and this is in the barn which is more vulnerable than the house. I've been getting away with the feed stored inside large pretzel plastic jars, then those stored inside a large plastic bin , but I can't see how mice, squirrels or chipmunks won't eventually figure that out, just a matter of time lol.
That is what I use for feed.

I am still getting my mind around a chicken turning its beak up at a wriggly worm. I think mine would all kills you if you stood in the way of a worm.
My mission this weekend is to get a video of the mayhem that breaks out when a worm is found inside the Chicken Palace. It is almost as bad as when they catch a mouse.
Some of mine won’t eat worms... and some will kill for them! 🤷🏼‍♀️

The rain won’t quit here! 😖 They are locked up and not happy about it!
12E8A6D8-AA08-4265-BCFF-3185217C0531.jpeg
86B9EC52-72F0-49BE-A7B8-F45CC06B77BF.jpeg

Hello :) I'm not advertising but read your problem and I always keep fluids near my bed. My friend bought me a little cup that is easy to grip but just found another solution that may be helpful for you. Fluids are a must you should always stay re-hydrated https://www.completecareshop.co.uk/drinking-aids/drinking-bottles/
You are so sweet! Thank you. ♥️ I do keep a water bottle with me. I buy the big store water and refill a few times, then get a new one here and there.

Good morning, Fluffy Butt-ers!!! :love
I’m still in PA, hanging with my kids and grands. I am loving every minute of it.
When this is over, I will need to devote two entire days to catching up on all the posts I have missed.
Just wanted to reach out and touch base, so you all know I didn’t disappear from the planet. :frow:hugs:celebrate:ya

Dehydration is very deadly. I'm so glad you got help in time. If you start feeling ill in the fire keep track of your fluid intake so you can get help sooner before you get so bad. I had to get 2 bags back in January but Mrs BY Bob is a nurse and she was tracking my intake so I got them before I was too bad. Since then I'm telling everyone to track their fluid intake when they get sick.

Chicken Tax
View attachment 2617548
Yes, I worked as a CNA. I know better. I tried drinking and drinking, but it kept going straight through me.. like last year. I just couldn't drink enough to keep up. I'm drink now. So..you did this..you know the feeling. Ugh
Dehydration is very deadly. I'm so glad you got help in time. If you start feeling ill in the fire keep track of your fluid intake so you can get help sooner before you get so bad. I had to get 2 bags back in January but Mrs BY Bob is a nurse and she was tracking my intake so I got them before I was too bad. Since then I'm telling everyone to track their fluid intake when they get sick.

Chicken Tax
View attachment 2617548
Yes, I worked as a CNA years ago, so I know better, I kept drinking and drinking thinking I could keep up with it, but couldn't. So, you did this before, you know how it feels. Ugh. Love your little chicken tax up there.
IMG_20190322_123427.jpg

Back
Top Bottom