Sorry about the gazillion replies I just posted. You people were busy today!

Sorry I also keep giving updates on my own flock, but this is my home on BYC and I can’t help myself.

Tonight the entire flock seemed mostly good! However, Roxy has been sitting more and had a black poop. I’m hoping the internal parasite treatments help her. When she had black poop, anemia and bloating g before, the vet said she was full of gas in her intestines. Apparently necrotic enteritis can cause that, and I also read coccidiosis can contribute to necrotic enteritis.

Anyway, even they all, including Roxy, were vibrant and active. I am hopeful. Dorothy and Minnie were better than all weekend.

They also got a beef liver treat. It took awhile for Sunshine, who has the palest (almost bluish) comb, to show interest, but she eventually had some. Only Ruby, who only likes certain treats, passed.

I will keep at it.
I'm hoping for good news in Roxy's update tomorrow.

I need to change the position of my back porch light. It shines across the yard, straight into the barn/coop and wakes up my roos prematurely. Which in turn wakes up the roosters next door, then the dogs start barking. I just turned it off, and all got quite. Simple stuff seems very important, I’m thinking. :idunno

Sorry about the gazillion replies I just posted. You people were busy today!

Sorry I also keep giving updates on my own flock, but this is my home on BYC and I can’t help myself.

Tonight the entire flock seemed mostly good! However, Roxy has been sitting more and had a black poop. I’m hoping the internal parasite treatments help her. When she had black poop, anemia and bloating g before, the vet said she was full of gas in her intestines. Apparently necrotic enteritis can cause that, and I also read coccidiosis can contribute to necrotic enteritis.

Anyway, even they all, including Roxy, were vibrant and active. I am hopeful. Dorothy and Minnie were better than all weekend.

They also got a beef liver treat. It took awhile for Sunshine, who has the palest (almost bluish) comb, to show interest, but she eventually had some. Only Ruby, who only likes certain treats, passed.

I will keep at it.
That does sound more positive. There are few things better than a vibrant and active flock. 🥰 It gives me great joy to watch them behave that way.

Nobody is going to desecrate my Emma! She deserves a peaceful slumber in death, not cut up like some lab rat. Sorry I’m so abrupt, but that hit a nerve with me. :mad:
:hugs No one wants to do anything to desecrate your Emma. But we do want to protect the rest of your flock. You need to manage this in your way. You know better than us. We are just trying to help. :hugs

I need to change the position of my back porch light. It shines across the yard, straight into the barn/coop and wakes up my roos prematurely. Which in turn wakes up the roosters next door, then the dogs start barking. I just turned it off, and all got quite. Simple stuff seems very important, I’m thinking. :idunno
That makes sense.

Charlie, contemplating the mysteries of life.

D4D95AA4-9DDE-4241-A408-DAD444AE05FE.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom