Hi Everyone. It's been a while since I posted here, but I've been following along silently & have kept up to date. April was a tough month for me. I had experienced dealing with a sick rooster for the first time. It was a rollercoaster ride of emotions - some days I thought he was getting better and other days he got worse. It seemed like the medication prescribed helped him some, but I caught it too late and my sweet Roo passed away on April 27th. I think he knew his time was coming to an end. Roo was a very sweet rooster, but he wasn't the type who enjoyed being pet or handled, but on my last day with him, he stayed by my side and let me pet him. I think that was his way of saying goodbye to me 😢 It's been over a week and the pain is still very fresh.

I know I don't comment often, but I always try to "like" everyone's posts here. I wanted to let you all know that this reading thread has helped me get through the rough times when I was feeling down about Roo. I enjoy reading about peoples flocks and seeing photos of everyone chickens 💕

My sweet Roo
tempImageBmcHz1.png

Hi Everyone. It's been a while since I posted here, but I've been following along silently & have kept up to date. April was a tough month for me. I had experienced dealing with a sick rooster for the first time. It was a rollercoaster ride of emotions - some days I thought he was getting better and other days he got worse. It seemed like the medication prescribed helped him some, but I caught it too late and my sweet Roo passed away on April 27th. I think he knew his time was coming to an end. Roo was a very sweet rooster, but he wasn't the type who enjoyed being pet or handled, but on my last day with him, he stayed by my side and let me pet him. I think that was his way of saying goodbye to me 😢 It's been over a week and the pain is still very fresh.

I know I don't comment often, but I always try to "like" everyone's posts here. I wanted to let you all know that this reading thread has helped me get through the rough times when I was feeling down about Roo. I enjoy reading about peoples flocks and seeing photos of everyone chickens 💕

My sweet Roo
View attachment 2653545
So sorry. Such a beautiful rooster

My sweet Roo
View attachment 2653545
He was very handsome and obviously loved dearly. Do you have other chickens?

I once had a cockatiel, he was a rescue and not at all sociable. He became very loving at the end. That brought me great comfort because he felt loved and showed me he felt this.

Last edited:

My sweet Roo
View attachment 2653545
What a gorgeous boy! I'm sorry you lost him. :hugs

Photo Essay

I have been putting this one together for @Shadrach and the other Lilly fans. Here she is in her glory. This is an early morning photo session and I think she is just lovely in the early morning sun. ☀️

View attachment 2653246View attachment 2653247View attachment 2653248View attachment 2653250View attachment 2653252View attachment 2653253View attachment 2653256View attachment 2653257View attachment 2653260View attachment 2653264View attachment 2653265
She is really gorgeous :love

Last edited:

My sweet Roo
View attachment 2653545
I am so sorry for your loss. I believe they do know. I believe that he was telling you goodbye. He was so very handsome. I am truly sorry for your loss. :hugs :hugs :hugs

Photo Essay

I have been putting this one together for @Shadrach and the other Lilly fans. Here she is in her glory. This is an early morning photo session and I think she is just lovely in the early morning sun. ☀️

View attachment 2653246View attachment 2653247View attachment 2653248View attachment 2653250View attachment 2653252View attachment 2653253View attachment 2653256View attachment 2653257View attachment 2653260View attachment 2653264View attachment 2653265
Stunning! Love it, especially the in flight one at the end 💜

My sweet Roo
View attachment 2653545
I’m so sorry to hear your news. It’s tough losing one of our feathered friends :hugs
I’m glad you could find some comfort here and know we are always here to talk 💜
He was a very handsome boy.

Back
Top Bottom