Amber got over heated was constipated as well as very tired. She rewarded my efforts by throwing a very watery poop at me their newly cleaned run princess was I the firing line. I'm ashamed to say I made it happen. She then ate a little and I made sure she was hydrated.
You've done well, my dear. Amber is lucky to have you.
So are we. ❤

A chicken Union? What, Cluckers local 777? :confused:
Way more militant and with global reach. It is the IFLC (the international federation of labouring chickens).
I had a strike and still live under a collective bargaining agreement.
Do not let your coop get unionized!

So you did not give Amprolium as their medication. My guess is you were using Monensin (Cobon) to medicate. It uses a different mechanism to kill the coccidia so you would have had a multiplier effect.

Monensin works by combining with sodium and potassium, causing the normal transport of these ions across surface membranes to fail. This kills the coccidia by not allowing them to regulate the movement of water in and out of the cell. Most likely causing them to pop.

From my somewhat basic research Monensin does not seem to be anywhere near as popular as Amprolium.
That's not ringing any bells, Bob. What I was given was Baycox100. I think the active ingredient is enrofloxacin. None of this means anything to me. :idunno It's use is restricted in the States & it has a long holding period.
https://www.drugs.com/vet/baytril-100-enrofloxacin-100-mg-ml-antimicrobial-injectable-solution.html

Way more militant and with global reach. It is the IFLC (the international federation of labouring chickens).
I had a strike and still live under a collective bargaining agreement.
Do not let your coop get unionized!
No way! I feed them too well, and they are very satisfied to work for “my chicken feed “ :lau

That's not ringing any bells, Bob. What I was given was Baycox100. I think the active ingredient is enrofloxacin. None of this means anything to me. :idunno It's use is restricted in the States & it has a long holding period.
https://www.drugs.com/vet/baytril-100-enrofloxacin-100-mg-ml-antimicrobial-injectable-solution.html
In severe cases of coccidiosis sometimes an antibiotic will also be utilized as the intestinal lining can be susceptible to bacterial infection as well.

Enrofloxacin is a broad spectrum antibiotic also known as baytril here in the states. Antibiotics do not treat coccidia.

I hope that makes sense and explains what she was doing.

Back
Top Bottom