I am behind, SHRA? but here the question is are you treating a case of coccidiosis or preventing it?

Preventing- If you already have medicated starter - which is preventive - then you don't need to put regular feed out and use the preventive water. If you have regular feed then use the liquid preventive dose in the water instead.

If you HAVE a case of coccidiosis on your hands then the preventive dose of either is not enough.

What is your goal? Remember we are talking about chicks and pullets up to about 8 weeks.
Pay your SHRA tax! :old :gig

It has worked out really well for us so far. Our plan is to put the littles in the new run part with a barrier for about a week before trying to integrate. I'm off for two weeks when they turn 8 weeks old so I can be playground monitor.
My last little two (just won’t integrate) :he

I am ready to strangle the old bat Momma hen. She disappeared one me. Gone without a trace, was beginning to fear she was dead. She showed back up this morning and she's not alone. She has 10, yes you read that right, 10 brand new chicks with her. I have no clue where she chose to hatch them at, I've searched this place all over, even sat for hours scouring the hillside with binoculars and not a glimpse. This bat will be the death of me, she clearly didn't get the memo no more chicks.
DSCN4176.JPG
DSCN4183.JPG

The medicated feed I used was Amprolium based. When I checked with my Vet she said no problem if they were on medicated feed & being medicated @ the same time. It was a different medication, not that that probably makes much difference, & not being scientifically inclined I said, Oh, OK & did what she recommended. No~one was the worse for their dosage. At least I did know enough to ask as I'd read here not to give medicated feed while medicating for coccidiosis.
What were they being medicated for at the time you are talking about?

More Slow-Motion Eating

So I set out to get some side view slow motion of Hattie eating so we could see her tongue at work and someone got in my way, twice!

So I switched targets and moved on to Sansa. You can see her tongue at work with the first bite. Sorry I could not get closer. I was having issues balancing the phone.

And yes, Sansa is targeting the purple corn! 😆
I really LOVE the slo-mo videos. And that was a good view of her tongue. What fascinates me more though is how completely focused and targeted they are.
On your hand it just feels like random frenetic 'drumming' - but each piece is chosen with thought and care. And yes, purple is the winner!

I'm going to try to post a few pics. View attachment 2722098My original flock consists of Ruby, my barred rock. She is sort of a loner, often found wandering by herself. She has to be kicked into the coop most nights as she will stay out by herself long after everyone else has roosted. She was always the bravest and sweetest chick. Would come to me out of the brooder. She always has poopy butt and requires alot of baths.
View attachment 2722099Then there is Dottie( the hen on the right)She is a Starlight Green Egger. She's pretty quiet but very lovely. She the most curious about the new babies.
Dixie, a prairie blue bell egger, is my prettiest. I don't think I got a solo picture of her so I will have to get one later. She is in the pic with Dottie in the background. She had a bout with soft shelled eggs this spring but is getting back to normal now. She's quite loud, always talking. View attachment 2722100
Jo Jo, my other praire bluebell egger. She was always the craziest, I could never catch her as a chick. She once got stuck behind the brooder and I'm pretty sure my neighbors heard her screaming. She is also very loud. She sings the eggsong for everyone all morning. She knows her name and will come to me in the yard when called. I believe she is the bottom hen in the flock. View attachment 2722103Hazel, the boos has mounted her several times. :idunno
Hazel, the boss. She has always behaved like a rooster. The first to go after the dog or cats if they got too close. I have seen her mount poor Jo Jo several times. She tried to go broody a couple weeks ago but thankfully it only lasted a couple days.
Our little coop. View attachment 2722104 We just doubled the size of our run to accommodate the newbies. We expanded on the back.
The babies. They are growing like weeds, hatched May 19. I ordered them from Mt. Healthy Hatchery and I got them on the 20th in the morning. They are all doing wonderful with the exception of my barnevelder. She has had problems from the start. Pasty butt and now constipation. I put probiotics in the water but she still suffers. She is easily half the size of the others. I hope she makes it. Any advice on this is appreciated. We are now brainstorming on how to introduce them. We have brought them out in the play pen a few times. The older hens are curious, no aggression or pecking yet. They seem to be most interested in what they are eating. View attachment 2722105View attachment 2722106View attachment 2722107
Thank you for sharing. You have a lovely tribe and I like your pretty coop and run.
I am having some softshell issues right now so I am interested in how Dixie got over the issue and how old she is. Right now I am just dispensing calcium like it candy and hoping for the best!

Back
Top Bottom