It is 97 here and I have just let everyone out because there is shade. Maggie however is in the one patch of sun chasing bugs.
And in more news. Remember the duck that laid eggs by my pool? Remember she narrowly escaped a raccoon who ate two of her eggs and I ate the remaining ones to discourage her return to such a dangerous place.
Well, she is back. And she had the last laugh.

View attachment 2741904
So sweet! You must have a very welcoming yard. 🤗

So sweet! You must have a very welcoming yard. 🤗
Oh what a lovely way of putting it. :love

The alternative perspective is that I live in a jungle/zoo or otherwise unkempt environment. Every year there is a moment when I lose the battle with nature and give up. At that point who knows what is lurking in the undergrowth. Honestly I am lucky it is only ducks! :lau

do you guys know anything about turkeys?
Not much except what I've read on BYC. I have read they are the gateway drug to chickens because they are so great to keep 😄 Are you asking because you want help? There are several threads on BYC concerning turkeys. Maybe someone on this thread knows about them.

Not much except what I've read on BYC. I have read they are the gateway drug to chickens because they are so great to keep 😄 Are you asking because you want help? There are several threads on BYC concerning turkeys. Maybe someone on this thread knows about them.
I already have 7 sweet turkeys I have 4 that is about a half day old! I have 2 that are about a month! 1 that is about 2 moths old

The great duck rescue
Long story but a lot of the water was let out of the pool and it became clear to mother duck and me that the ducklings were stranded.
View attachment 2743616
She kept trying to teach them to jump up but it was just to far.
I got water delivered but not enough to solve the problem.
Naturally as a chicken servant I had an idea.

View attachment 2743619
The first three got it in minutes. But some ducklings are dumber than others and it took forever for the remaining three to figure it out. And even then they didn’t seem to know it was a way back to Mom and hunkered down like it was a wet roost. View attachment 2743621
Eventually everyone got out and I think found Mom.
View attachment 2743627
Now I just have to hope that they don’t get eaten in the night. :fl
Clever you. You are a proper wild bird steward. 👍

This is Coal and his chickens.

When I first got chicks I was terrified that my playful pup would hurt would. He is the sweetest soul, so I never should have worried. He has proven to be the flocks dear friend and hopefully will always be their fiercest protector.

Does anyone else have a dog who thinks he/she is a chicken?

Attachments

• EB8DAB3A-67BE-43AA-9C0C-A24F625C416C.jpeg
    EB8DAB3A-67BE-43AA-9C0C-A24F625C416C.jpeg
    807.3 KB · Views: 11
  • 9BA519A6-3880-4797-B2C7-A14472145BB9.jpeg
    9BA519A6-3880-4797-B2C7-A14472145BB9.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 11
  • 0A7B1C47-3F3C-4052-B063-74A3690D4714.jpeg
    0A7B1C47-3F3C-4052-B063-74A3690D4714.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 11

Back
Top Bottom