Not really. The "crumbly" egg's egg shell is the same hardness as the other eggs, even a little harder.
I think those are eggs that just got interrupted in production, stuttered along the way and so maybe started to solidify then got pushed along and an extra coating added. That's my theory anyway.

Ate a lot last night, but legs are very weak. Food is passing through. I'm just hoping that she'll be able to rebuild her muscles at this age.
Keep her eating and she will. This is very good progress. The rest are all doing well?

Happy Fluffy Butt Friday!

Edwina and Alice sharing the treadle feeder.
View attachment 2778566
So they stand on the step and the lid opens? Does it ever concern you that what if one were eating from the side and the others stepped off.. it would land on their head😬..... these make me nervous.. but I’m a worry wart! Just always wondered about that... 🤷🏼‍♀️

So they stand on the step and the lid opens? Does it ever concern you that what if one were eating from the side and the others stepped off.. it would land on their head😬..... these make me nervous.. but I’m a worry wart! Just always wondered about that... 🤷🏼‍♀️
That is what I worried about too when I was choosing feeders.

Big fight just before I left, so I left the littles and Xzit, and Coco inside the coop. The rest are out in the run, with Jaffar. (everyone is still locked up. I will be back home in about two hours. :fl
I'm sorry to hear that. 😔

The Time for Construction has Come

With Phyllis' chicks due to ship on Monday, it is time to begin coop construction. I need the coop (for which I still need a name) to be ready for either the chicks to grow in or for Phyllis to raise them in. Either way it has to be ready come Monday.

Pricing lumber is a sobering thing these days. With a 4x8 sheet of plywood going for about $40, this coop build is going to be WAY more expensive than the big coop. I started thinking of what I could recycle to create lumber and help lower the cost.

In my office for years has been an old entertainment center. I was able to disassemble it completely and come up with several good sized pieces of plywood not to mention some crown molding! Especially nice is the glass door which I will turn sideways and use as the primary entrance into the coop!
20210726_100202.jpg
20210726_193740.jpg

Now I need to calculate the remanded of the lumber I need and head to the store.

Construction will begin tomorrow. 🔨🔨🔨🔨

Back
Top Bottom