I forgot to list the calcium and D3 that's in the yogurt balls: two level teaspoons of ground up calcium citrate and D3 and calcium carbonate. It's a total of about 2200 mgs of calcium total. Divided by four chickens if they ate equally that's 550 mgs of calcium each.
I am doing the same with my frozen yoghurt treats.

I forgot to list the calcium and D3 that's in the yogurt balls: two level teaspoons of ground up calcium citrate and D3 and calcium carbonate. It's a total of about 2200 mgs of calcium total. Divided by four chickens if they ate equally that's 550 mgs of calcium each.
Because I am incredibly uneducated (and lazy), do you have links to the D3 and calcium carbonate info?

I have heard some people hang a bit of meat from the roof of the coop or run (out of reach of chickens) and let the flies get to it and the maggots just drop off into the run and the ladies gobble them up.
A bit too icky for me but in principle it is a clever idea!
I've heard of this too but beyond guaranteed ick I think it's a sure-fire way to attract every varmint and predator for miles, big and small, wild and domestic, four legged and winged. Yikes!

Because I am incredibly uneducated (and lazy), do you have links to the D3 and calcium carbonate info?
I'm on my phone and not good at links on it. Just buy the generic Caltrate calcium citrate plus D3. I add one 1,000 mg generic fruit flavored Tums (calcium carbonate, less absorbable than citrate) for each 1200 mgs of calcium citrate. Pulverize in a mortar, or for quantity grind in a coffee bean grinder (and store in a glass jar).

I seemed to have interrupted an important meeting...

20210803_181223.jpg

I Just Tried Calling the Post Office

No one answered. :he

one more day Phyllis, one more day.

View attachment 2784002
Looking at this pic again and the chicken wire, said to be a danger to chicks, you could pin up a small piece of sewn canvas along the bottom, easy to keep chicks heads out of it. Even a piece of cardboard or stiff plastic. Wouldn't have to deal with hardware cloth...

Back
Top Bottom