Before the chicks arrive, how are adult Ned and Lucky?
They are doing great!! Here's Ned from this evening.

20210803_182211.jpg

No pictures of Lucky tonight, she was too busy digging for bugs in the creek. ā¤

I've heard of this too but beyond guaranteed ick I think it's a sure-fire way to attract every varmint and predator for miles, big and small, wild and domestic, four legged and winged. Yikes!
I don't think you need to hang up half a cow - a bite-sized chunk would be plenty for the flies!

I'm on my phone and not good at links on it. Just buy the generic Caltrate calcium citrate plus D3. I add one 1,000 mg generic fruit flavored Tums (calcium carbonate, less absorbable than citrate) for each 1200 mgs of calcium citrate. Pulverize in a mortar, or for quantity grind in a coffee bean grinder (and store in a glass jar).
I was doing the same and then I discovered on Amazon you can buy bags of powdered calcium citrate with D3. Sooo much easier!

I'm on my phone and not good at links on it. Just buy the generic Caltrate calcium citrate plus D3. I add one 1,000 mg generic fruit flavored Tums (calcium carbonate, less absorbable than citrate) for each 1200 mgs of calcium citrate. Pulverize in a mortar, or for quantity grind in a coffee bean grinder (and store in a glass jar).
Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom