Aurora has her own set of rules. When her sister Maleficent was here, Aurora worked hard to out do her. Mal roosted on my shoulder first so that meant Aurora had to be higher. The only place left was my head.

Now a days I can't touch her. She will do anything for food though so she has this internal fight over getting close enough to get the food without being close enough that I might touch her.

Losing Maleficent has really let the worst of her impulses loose. It is a shame. Mal was a lap chicken so Aurora had to be one too.

View attachment 2807126
Oh Aurora, you complex girl!

The rain has begun here!
Got the dog walk in (everyone in town was out in preparation), and put a tarp over the roof-less news coop so they girls would have an extra area to stay dry in.
They now have the original coop and halfway covered run, the hedges, the cherry tree, two benches, a table, two chairs and the new coop to hunker down in and not get 100% soaked.

Here is a pic of the new coop before all the sides were closed in. It has boards on all sides and a tarp on top for now (hubby didn't want to put the roof on right before the storm...I don't blame him)View attachment 2807197
We still need to decide where to place windows and the auto door will be on the backside about 3 feet up to allow access to what will be the raised and covered run along the garage.
The new coop looking great! We have had heavy rain since some time in the night but no hurricane force winds so I am staying optimistic.
The Princesses are nice and dry and digging in the corner of the run that still gets flooded.
So far so good. Stay safe!

The rain has begun here!
Got the dog walk in (everyone in town was out in preparation), and put a tarp over the roof-less news coop so they girls would have an extra area to stay dry in.
They now have the original coop and halfway covered run, the hedges, the cherry tree, two benches, a table, two chairs and the new coop to hunker down in and not get 100% soaked.

Here is a pic of the new coop before all the sides were closed in. It has boards on all sides and a tarp on top for now (hubby didn't want to put the roof on right before the storm...I don't blame him)View attachment 2807197
We still need to decide where to place windows and the auto door will be on the backside about 3 feet up to allow access to what will be the raised and covered run along the garage.
That is some solid looking construction for sure! đź‘Ť

An interesting observation. As you probably know, Platina did not finish growing her first feathers. As her siblings are molting, it seems where she has feathers are molting too and areas that had yet to grow any are skipping to the second feathering.
That is very interesting. Is she still significantly smaller?

Back
Top Bottom