Sorry, Bob, that I’m always sharing about Ruby, but I can’t help it!

Today Ruby’s crop was slow. I tubed the following throughout the day:
• 60cc pedialyte
• 60cc baby bird formula
• 30cc pedialyte
• 60cc pedialyte diluted 50/50 with water

The last time I filled her crop right up in hopes the fluids would get things moving. The poor dear clearly felt awful.

Ruby put herself to bed early in a carrier inside the house, even though I had a door open for her to go outside if she chose. She seemed to understand she needed the extra warmth of the house and area heater I set up for her. Hubby was setting up to cook dinner tonight and it was quite noisy, so I moved Ruby’s carrier from the living room to my son’s room (he just returned to college for fall semester yesterday.) There was still some daylight left, so I opened the blinds for her. When I opened the carrier door, Ruby came out! She was a bit perky and vocalizing, so I mixed up some baby bird formula and offered it. She ate a bunch, preened, and vocalized as she tried to figure out where to go back to bed. She kept eyeing up my son’s bed, but does not have the strength to get up there.

Ruby ended up back in the carrier to sleep. I have the room set to 75° (vs the 50 it’s going to be outside tonight.) I am pleased she took a turn for the better after more fluids and a nap inside the warm house. I hope she is even better in the morning.

I think this will be her last draining or vet intervention. I hope she has some wonderful days left before her time comes. My sweet angel.❤️

It’s sunny here today so I went for a big walk by myself on a nearby trail that takes you through all farmland and bush.
It was so peaceful, lots of birds calling, a kite that hovered around for a while and I saw this in a tree which was kinda cool.
View attachment 2806869
might need to zoom in 🤷🏻‍♀️ they are very busy making honeycomb in there!
And just a pic of some of the fields I passed ☺️View attachment 2806871
You can see all the way down to the bay.
I was hoping to see an echidna or something but not today.

tax
View attachment 2806872
The dog was curious to see where his new snacks came from 😂🤮
Oooh! Native bees! Honeycomb! You are very observant. 👀🤗

Beautiful pics. Thanks for sharing.

One Year Ago Today.......

Ned's last day with his mum.
20200822_084754.jpg

Our last Koffee Klatch

20210207_084007.jpg
20200822_083222.jpg

Our final goodbye

20200822_104904.jpg
20200822_104806.jpg

I'm planning a trip to go see them again soon.

Sorry, Bob, that I’m always sharing about Ruby, but I can’t help it!

Today Ruby’s crop was slow. I tubed the following throughout the day:
• 60cc pedialyte
• 60cc baby bird formula
• 30cc pedialyte
• 60cc pedialyte diluted 50/50 with water

The last time I filled her crop right up in hopes the fluids would get things moving. The poor dear clearly felt awful.

Ruby put herself to bed early in a carrier inside the house, even though I had a door open for her to go outside if she chose. She seemed to understand she needed the extra warmth of the house and area heater I set up for her. Hubby was setting up to cook dinner tonight and it was quite noisy, so I moved Ruby’s carrier from the living room to my son’s room (he just returned to college for fall semester yesterday.) There was still some daylight left, so I opened the blinds for her. When I opened the carrier door, Ruby came out! She was a bit perky and vocalizing, so I mixed up some baby bird formula and offered it. She ate a bunch, preened, and vocalized as she tried to figure out where to go back to bed. She kept eyeing up my son’s bed, but does not have the strength to get up there.

Ruby ended up back in the carrier to sleep. I have the room set to 75° (vs the 50 it’s going to be outside tonight.) I am pleased she took a turn for the better after more fluids and a nap inside the warm house. I hope she is even better in the morning.

I think this will be her last draining or vet intervention. I hope she has some wonderful days left before her time comes. My sweet angel.❤️
I'm certain she has wonderful days left...the care and love you give her alone already adds up to wonderful.

Back
Top Bottom