Sorry, Bob, that Iā€™m always sharing about Ruby, but I canā€™t help it!

Today Rubyā€™s crop was slow. I tubed the following throughout the day:
ā€¢ 60cc pedialyte
ā€¢ 60cc baby bird formula
ā€¢ 30cc pedialyte
ā€¢ 60cc pedialyte diluted 50/50 with water

The last time I filled her crop right up in hopes the fluids would get things moving. The poor dear clearly felt awful.

Ruby put herself to bed early in a carrier inside the house, even though I had a door open for her to go outside if she chose. She seemed to understand she needed the extra warmth of the house and area heater I set up for her. Hubby was setting up to cook dinner tonight and it was quite noisy, so I moved Rubyā€™s carrier from the living room to my sonā€™s room (he just returned to college for fall semester yesterday.) There was still some daylight left, so I opened the blinds for her. When I opened the carrier door, Ruby came out! She was a bit perky and vocalizing, so I mixed up some baby bird formula and offered it. She ate a bunch, preened, and vocalized as she tried to figure out where to go back to bed. She kept eyeing up my sonā€™s bed, but does not have the strength to get up there.

Ruby ended up back in the carrier to sleep. I have the room set to 75Ā° (vs the 50 itā€™s going to be outside tonight.) I am pleased she took a turn for the better after more fluids and a nap inside the warm house. I hope she is even better in the morning.

I think this will be her last draining or vet intervention. I hope she has some wonderful days left before her time comes. My sweet angel.ā¤ļø

Itā€™s sunny here today so I went for a big walk by myself on a nearby trail that takes you through all farmland and bush.
It was so peaceful, lots of birds calling, a kite that hovered around for a while and I saw this in a tree which was kinda cool.
View attachment 2806869
might need to zoom in šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø they are very busy making honeycomb in there!
And just a pic of some of the fields I passed ā˜ŗļøView attachment 2806871
You can see all the way down to the bay.
I was hoping to see an echidna or something but not today.

tax
View attachment 2806872
The dog was curious to see where his new snacks came from šŸ˜‚šŸ¤®
Oooh! Native bees! Honeycomb! You are very observant. šŸ‘€šŸ¤—

Beautiful pics. Thanks for sharing.

One Year Ago Today.......

Ned's last day with his mum.
20200822_084754.jpg

Our last Koffee Klatch

20210207_084007.jpg
20200822_083222.jpg

Our final goodbye

20200822_104904.jpg
20200822_104806.jpg

I'm planning a trip to go see them again soon.

Sorry, Bob, that Iā€™m always sharing about Ruby, but I canā€™t help it!

Today Rubyā€™s crop was slow. I tubed the following throughout the day:
ā€¢ 60cc pedialyte
ā€¢ 60cc baby bird formula
ā€¢ 30cc pedialyte
ā€¢ 60cc pedialyte diluted 50/50 with water

The last time I filled her crop right up in hopes the fluids would get things moving. The poor dear clearly felt awful.

Ruby put herself to bed early in a carrier inside the house, even though I had a door open for her to go outside if she chose. She seemed to understand she needed the extra warmth of the house and area heater I set up for her. Hubby was setting up to cook dinner tonight and it was quite noisy, so I moved Rubyā€™s carrier from the living room to my sonā€™s room (he just returned to college for fall semester yesterday.) There was still some daylight left, so I opened the blinds for her. When I opened the carrier door, Ruby came out! She was a bit perky and vocalizing, so I mixed up some baby bird formula and offered it. She ate a bunch, preened, and vocalized as she tried to figure out where to go back to bed. She kept eyeing up my sonā€™s bed, but does not have the strength to get up there.

Ruby ended up back in the carrier to sleep. I have the room set to 75Ā° (vs the 50 itā€™s going to be outside tonight.) I am pleased she took a turn for the better after more fluids and a nap inside the warm house. I hope she is even better in the morning.

I think this will be her last draining or vet intervention. I hope she has some wonderful days left before her time comes. My sweet angel.ā¤ļø
I'm certain she has wonderful days left...the care and love you give her alone already adds up to wonderful.

Back
Top Bottom