Meet Henry The Second and his hens!
These are all Ex Batts or rescues.
I'll be looking after them along with another person for the forseeable future.
They all live on a large allotment plot about 5 mins walk from my daughters.
I'll get some better pictures up later.
There is a lot of work to do. The start was made this morning when they all got out of their run for the first time together.:celebrate
The first project is to increase the size of their run. There is just about enough grunt left in me to get a fence up and maybe even build a new coop. Negotiations are currently in progress.
I picked Henry The Second up today and a few of his hens. I haven't held a rooster for almost five months!
View attachment 2843499View attachment 2843506View attachment 2843507
I am so happy for you. 🥰 Those chickens have no idea how lucky they are! I can't wait to follow along and learn as you teach them to be proper chickens! This is amazing! :clap :clap :clap :clap

Everybody ready to say “Poor baby”?
due to the wildfires around here, the whole valley is full of smoke, my eyes are watering, hard to breathe and even difficult to go outside and relax with the chickens. All my clothing smells of smoke, cars and home are all covered with ash and dust. (Cue the tears and pity) :barnie:hit:sick
I am so sorry this is happening to you. We will pray the wind will shift for you. :hugs:hugs

Bring all your chickens inside for filtered air? Pack them up in your car and take a road trip? Fly yourself and everyone out to somewhere safer?
I could just hear the answer to me saying “flight control, Cessna 123 Charlie Delta on approach with myself and twelve passengers “ :eek: “prepare cages”:gig

Not even a heery coo?
There is a big difference between these two! (Just saying) 712649C3-C4E1-450A-AE28-877852A5AFD3.jpeg AFD89D69-1865-44BC-9A1C-F3C13DD87EB7.png

Last year when we were surrounded by fires and had crazy ash fall, a lot of people brought their chickens into garages and houses in tents and all sorts of other funny set ups. Ours chose to come in a few times, and stayed under cover more then usual, but were surprisingly unfazed. We did have to change their water constantly though.
This year on bad days I would tell Rosie to stop screaming, the air quality was to bad for so much exertion :p

In other news Alinta finally has most of her neck feathers back and everyone has been getting along again so she has decided to go broody and start the whole mess all over:he

Haven't had a chance to really check this morning, but Rosie had a bit of a runny nose last night, might have just been the garlic she ate, didn't notice if it started before that or not. Oh and she suddenly likes zucchini which she previously wouldn't touch.

And that's today's novel
Brenna, my shadow this morning
20210923_115449.jpg

Last year when we were surrounded by fires and had crazy ash fall, a lot of people brought their chickens into garages and houses in tents and all sorts of other funny set ups. Ours chose to come in a few times, and stayed under cover more then usual, but were surprisingly unfazed. We did have to change their water constantly though.
This year on bad days I would tell Rosie to stop screaming, the air quality was to bad for so much exertion :p

In other news Alinta finally has most of her neck feathers back and everyone has been getting along again so she has decided to go broody and start the whole mess all over:he

Haven't had a chance to really check this morning, but Rosie had a bit of a runny nose last night, might have just been the garlic she ate, didn't notice if it started before that or not. Oh and she suddenly likes zucchini which she previously wouldn't touch.

And that's today's novel
Brenna, my shadow this morning
View attachment 2843897
They like to keep us on our toes, hat is for sure!

I doubt it. But there was at least one person on BYC raising them in their garage for food, because they're small and the poster couldn't have poultry in their yard where they live. Horrible.
@Afi did you see this post from @ChicoryBlue ?

And you said ventilation is important. Do you keep your quail in a room near an open window?

Back
Top Bottom