Henry 11 going to collect the trouble Golden Comet.
View attachment 2875105
Frankly I would have thought facing outward would be a safer option.:confused:
View attachment 2875113
Lagbar Digging Co Ltd
View attachment 2875117
Matilda. She lets the others dig and then shows up for the spoils.
View attachment 2875118
One of my regular trip hazzards.
View attachment 2875119
Henry 11 helping out.
View attachment 2875120
Not helping out enough it seems.
View attachment 2875122
Wonderful. Just wonderful. 🥰

Guess Who did not want to Roost in The Hut Tonight

First, they tried the porch. To be honest, they tried to porch last night and another night a few days ago.

View attachment 2875157

So I shooed them into the coop. Here is the video of what transpired.

They wound up roosting where their food container will eventually go. Right by the door and the heater.

View attachment 2875160

Tomorrow I will move the low roost out of Phyllis' range for them.

All in all I am taking this as a victory. We are that much closer to unity.

Phyllis originally roosted in the main coop tonight. When Lilly tossed her off the high roost she went into the big run to snack. Then I watched her trying to figure out how to jump up through the glass door to get into the Cluckle Hut. I called her named and patted the porch a few times. She came over, hopped up and in she went. 🥰
Goodness they really make a racket those little ones. Phyllis may need headphones if she is going to sleep in there with them!

Tried to get a picture of my 3 not so fluffy butts eating the last cantaloupe, but they dashed off in protest.
20211022_160634.jpg

Guess Who did not want to Roost in The Hut Tonight

First, they tried the porch. To be honest, they tried to porch last night and another night a few days ago.

View attachment 2875157

So I shooed them into the coop. Here is the video of what transpired.

They wound up roosting where their food container will eventually go. Right by the door and the heater.

View attachment 2875160

Tomorrow I will move the low roost out of Phyllis' range for them.

All in all I am taking this as a victory. We are that much closer to unity.

Phyllis originally roosted in the main coop tonight. When Lilly tossed her off the high roost she went into the big run to snack. Then I watched her trying to figure out how to jump up through the glass door to get into the Cluckle Hut. I called her named and patted the porch a few times. She came over, hopped up and in she went. 🥰
I agree Bob, once the littles have a roost out of strike range, all three will be obliged to rehearse harmony at roosting time and that will be a good thing in the long run.

Goodness they really make a racket those little ones. Phyllis may need headphones if she is going to sleep in there with them!
They never shut up. Happy or upset. Peep peep peep peep peep peep peep Peep peep peep peep peep peep peep Peep peep peep peep peep peep peep Peep peep peep peep peep peep peep Peep peep peep peep peep peep peep

They were like that in my office.

I agree Bob, once the littles have a roost out of strike range, all three will be obliged to rehearse harmony at roosting time and that will be a good thing in the long run.
The great thing is Phyllis roosts early. They have been roosting later than her. Phyllis can get in and get all set and then the chatterboxes can come in and roost. Hopefully they can limit roosting interactions until they are more grown up.

Only the Roadrunners.
Maggie is definitely not built for flying - but she can (and does) move at pace on the ground. Your Mary definitely doesn't look built for flight either!
:lau
Not remotely, although she does jump down from the roost (when she's not brooding), which is rather high. I'd prefer she use the perches to hop down but it's never occurred to her. Ivy has shown her over and over how to do it, but she hasn't yet given it a try.

Back
Top Bottom