We are ready to Proceed

On the good news front, Aurora has already laid her egg for the day. I can close off the complex and give the newbies the run of it for a few hours.

This afternoon I will release the newbies into the yard. The old gang will get to free range all day.
Woohoo!

Do yall just ever leave them when you see something off..? I have found multiple times those soft/shell less eggs... never to find the owner and all seem fine... I have seen on a few occasions a very weak and sick looking chicken.. only to leave them be and then fine again... I also have seen the very pale comb and wattles.. and again all fine... do yall think that they just have off days like we do and work it out on their own..? Just wondering.. cuz I tend to not take any action... I guess unless, it would go on and on... I would do something then.. :confused:
My only experience with soft eggs before Dorothy:
1. Rusty... started laying softies at less than a year old and quickly got egg yolk peritonitis, which eventually killed her
2. Buttercup, who would lay TWO soft eggs at once a few times when coming into her laying cycle (never treated her)

Sry about your thread @micstrachan. :(:hugs
Sorry you took a bit of a beating over there. I respect you for standing by what you believe in. As you know, I’ve been trying to focus on flock wellness instead of illness. However, sometimes they still need intervention. I’m still a bit uncertain and confused, but once I make a decision, I’ll see it through. I’ve been paralyzed by worry and indecisiveness in the past with my birds, and that really didn’t help anything.

Maggie’s frostbite seems stable and the next few nights are not so cold so I am feeling more encouraged. Meanwhile, never was an animal less at risk of frostbite.
989B2088-95C7-42C1-B1EF-6A47BFC62A01.jpeg

Sorry, I do know it isn’t a chicken. I just couldn’t resist!

Maggie’s frostbite seems stable and the next few nights are not so cold so I am feeling more encouraged. Meanwhile, never was an animal less at risk of frostbite.
View attachment 2032914
Sorry, I do know it isn’t a chicken. I just couldn’t resist!

Cats are always welcome!

Back
Top Bottom