About mid day I cut Fat Birds birthday steak into bite sized chunks, fairly big given it's Fat Bird, cut the crust off the Pizza I was having for lunch and was about to go looking for her when she wandered in and headed for the nest box. I was a bit surprised. She does inspect the eggs in the house nest box from time to time, but she doesn't usually get in it and sit. I thought that maybe she was considering laying an egg given it was her birthday and all that.
She didn't lay an egg and sat for just long enough to send Hurry into a fit who was desperate to lay her egg. One doesn't share a nest box with Fat Bird.:p
Fat Bird is now the second longest chicken life here. She'll need another year to beat Blue Spot.
P2242619.JPG
P2242627.JPG
P2242626.JPG
P2242630.JPG

About mid day I cut Fat Birds birthday steak into bite sized chunks, fairly big given it's Fat Bird, cut the crust off the Pizza I was having for lunch and was about to go looking for her when she wandered in and headed for the nest box. I was a bit surprised. She does inspect the eggs in the house nest box from time to time, but she doesn't usually get in it and sit. I thought that maybe she was considering laying an egg given it was her birthday and all that.
She didn't lay an egg and sat for just long enough to send Hurry into a fit who was desperate to lay her egg. One doesn't share a nest box with Fat Bird.:p
Fat Bird is now the second longest chicken life here. She'll need another year to beat Blue Spot.
View attachment 2034834View attachment 2034836View attachment 2034837View attachment 2034838

Annoying the younger hens, that's how you celebrate your birthday!

Well I’m off to a slow start here today. Bob’s tractor is completely stuck... and his ladies are very upset about the lack of fresh grass. I’m almost considering letting them free range, but there’s at leas 6 “bad big birds” (eagles) lurking around (ok, circling magestically) because we had some hunters out this weekend doing some goat population control. Sammy and Barney still need moved, but again... lots of eagles, ravens, and at least one redtail hawk and another Barred owl, that kept me up all night/early morning. Also I’m a little wiped from yesterday... and need to feed the cows... after some coffee...

View attachment 2034834View attachment 2034836View attachment 2034837View attachment 2034838
Birthday steak - so much better than cake!!!

Well I’m off to a slow start here today. Bob’s tractor is completely stuck... and his ladies are very upset about the lack of fresh grass. I’m almost considering letting them free range, but there’s at leas 6 “bad big birds” (eagles) lurking around (ok, circling magestically) because we had some hunters out this weekend doing some goat population control. Sammy and Barney still need moved, but again... lots of eagles, ravens, and at least one redtail hawk and another Barred owl, that kept me up all night/early morning. Also I’m a little wiped from yesterday... and need to feed the cows... after some coffee...
Late autumn for some reason we get at least two owl couples in the trees next to the house. They make quite a racket and you can hear them catching mice and rats.
I like my sleep and invested in some ear plugs and sleep with them in my ears. They give a 30dB reduction and are very comfortable.

I liked it!!

I was pretty sure that was you! Thank you so much!

FOUND HER!

She was deep inside the brush pile. My gosh. I wonder if she has a nest in there.

View attachment 2034806
View attachment 2034807

Wow now i can settle down my heart on that note

Shame on her for worrying us all! I was about to suggest you put some pasta on for them!

Exactly!

Thank you so much!

Back
Top Bottom