Hi Shad,
I’ll catch up later, as I’ve been swamped at work and it’s my daughter’s birthday (Sweet 16!) Dorothy is doing great, and so is Ruby! Though Ruby’s molt is moving along swiftly and she’s dropping the long wing (flight?) feathers.

On another note, I screwed up on the fermented feed. Did not realize the lower reservoir had gone too far. Stopped it altogether, and will bring it back as an occasional treat instead of an every day thing. I hope nobody gets sick from it.

How is Nolia?
Aawww, Happy Birthday to her! We just had my girls sweet 16 last month :love

I hated parties. My mother wanted me to have a sweet 16 party. I DID NOT!! I hid in my room and she got to have a party. I think she would have made a great wedding planner.
LOL. Well, so far no party. It’s just the three of us. She’s pretty anti-social and her bestie forgot her birthday. :(

Last edited:
Some bestie! :smack
Right! But we made the most of it! She wanted to order in Pho (Vietnamese noodle soup). I love her! She likes what she likes. She did not want cake and ice cream, but chocolate pudding and lime popsicles. DH isn’t feeling well, so now we’re going to have girl time and do face masks together before bed.

Last edited:
I dug out the microscope. I'm mite hunting.:D
It's a shame it isn't more powerful. It's max magnification is only X40 which isn't enough for fecal floats. :(
I've come across another chicken health hazard which may be getting attributed to the wrong mite.
View attachment 2036378
Fun! (the microscope, not the mites :lau

Right! But we made the most of it! She wanted to order in Pho (Vietnamese noodle soup). I love her! She likes what she likes. She did not want cake and ice cream, but chocolate pudding and lime popsicles. DH isn’t feeling well, so now we’re going to have girl tine snd do face masks together before bed.

Sounds awesome! :love

Hi Shad,
I’ll catch up later, as I’ve been swamped at work and it’s my daughter’s birthday (Sweet 16!) Dorothy is doing great, and so is Ruby! Though Ruby’s molt is moving along swiftly and she’s dropping the long wing (flight?) feathers.

On another note, I screwed up on the fermented feed. Did not realize the lower reservoir had gone too far. Stopped it altogether, and will bring it back as an occasional treat instead of an every day thing. I hope nobody gets sick from it.

How is Nolia?
Nolia seems fine thanks.

LOL. Well, so far no party. It’s just the three of us. Shd’s pretty anti-social and her bestie forgot her birthday. :(

My niece just had her sweet 16 birthday party on Saturday. I had to delay releasing the Newbies into the yard because of it.

Messing with my integration, the Nerve! :gig

I finally got my babies yesterday. 2-silver laced wyandottes, 2-barred rock, 2-buff orpingtons and 1-cuckoo maran. They are so cute. They are 1 week old as of yesterday. I gave them some chopped up herbs today and they went crazy running all over, trying to steal each others piece. They ate them all up. Does anyone know what is the appropriate amount of fresh greens they should have to eat? Now I need to get something to sit their water on. They keep filling it with shavings.:thI'm going to get a brick from outside and try it.

Back
Top Bottom