Agathas making sure princess is out if the way so she can eat more dinner
20220116_140955.jpg

Not even in the coop? Mine are very alert and wary when they are out and about but they really relax inside the Chicken Palace.
Well yesterday's video shows them alerted while inside the coop where they are perfectly safe. I never thought I would see that. So I would say no.

I have seen them alert in the fully protected run as well. They are surely wary. I don't expect I will see them without a worry and fully relaxed ever again.

Well yesterday's video shows them alerted while inside the coop where they are perfectly safe. I never thought I would see that. So I would say no.

I have seen them alert in the fully protected run as well. They are surely wary. I don't expect I will see them without a worry and fully relaxed ever again.
I dunno - I wouldn't give up hope - mine alarm inside the Palace if they see something. I think ages ago I posted Diana alarming from the roost while staring out the window at something I certainly couldn't see.

I have the same heated waterer as @BY Bob, but I noticed that Maggie is a real wattle-dunker and I got worried about her getting frostbite on her wattles so I got this one and just stand a 5gallon bucket with horizontal nipples on it.
This morning it had definitely got ice in it but was not completely frozen solid so they were still getting water.
I find the bucket waterer with nipples easier to fill than the bottom-fill one that Bob uses - but I think his is stronger heat so probably wouldn't have had an ice issue.
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B08SWKH2BJ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Oh yes a base heater I have seen those. I almost got one but my waterers are plastic... Didn't know is if they would melt 😊

I have not noticed my gang dunking their wattles but will be more observant now. I will run up to the feed mill tomorrow and grab the one I saw, as it seems to be the only one in the area, I called a couple places today and no one has any... Shortage??

Back
Top Bottom