Wow that’s hot for sure! Why can’t there be a happy medium - I want it to be 25c year round 😊

So how do you keep your girls cool? I had some stress with trying to keep my gals cool and the humidity really bothered them.
The last time it got that hot I made them a Coolgardie safe. I dug a big hole, tented two fence panels over it and covered it with hessian. Then I dripped water over the top and also put a tarp up to keep the sun off when it came around. They didn't stay in there, but hung around the entrance, still panting. I'm quite dreading it, actually.

Their baths always start around 11-11:30am here, an interesting fact I noticed this year. Does anyone else notice their routine like that?
Mine dust bathe in the early afternoon around 2 to 3:00 pm. I think they like the sun and how it hits the run at that time. It is the same time most every day.

It’s not too bad today, about 27C (80.6F). Apparently it’s meant to get to 40-45C (104-113F) in the coming weeks. 🥵 Not sure how I’m going to keep the girls cool!
Now that is a different problem for certain than what I am dealing with right now!

That's my mealy worm get lost
20221225_134713.jpg

One iota+ one iota = 1 dot (a bigger iota, rendering it no longer an iota).

I worked Christmas Eve at Walmart thus my brain has gone loopy tax.
View attachment 3358173
I was at Walmart here and was surprised it wasn’t a mad house! Was it busy?

It looks like your chickies are enjoying the snow, I am going to see if my gang will go out later on - I see everyone else’s chickens out and about so I will see if mine will go out for change of scenery.

Back
Top Bottom