Warning! Dangerous age revealing conversations!

Foxy: I am a tiger. No afraid of Aurora 😎
View attachment 3362802
Other hens have said that...........................at first......................

.................. the reality is far worse than you can imagine.

20220317_234136.jpg

View attachment 1633786

I have been wanting to do this for some time now. I knew once I started doing this there would be no going back. So I am now diving in and I hope you all enjoy coming along for the ride.

First of all let me tell you how we view our flock as that will help you to understand why we treat them like we do.

Our birds are our pets and we treat them as such. We do not care if someone is not laying eggs. They are welcome to stay at Fluffy Butt Acres until they pass naturally. (Now don't go telling them that! I would hate for word to get out) We do thoroughly enjoy the fresh eggs.

I plan to tell stories from the past as well as from today. I hope you all enjoy and will share stories of your flocks as well.
Lovely story and like you I love my girls. They are part of the family now and are treated that way. And by the way one of my girls are called "Fluffy But" 😉

Today is not a good day. We just lost one of our llamas. He was 19 years old and had an abscessed tooth that I didn’t catch in time. I knew he hadn’t been acting quite himself the past few weeks, but I was still seeing him eat (or so I thought) and I had checked his body condition a few times. Thursday morning he didn’t stand up when I walked out to feed and give treats so I got him into the vet. (Llama vets are about as hard to find as chicken vets but I found one less than an hour away.) We got him on antibiotics, and I started making mash from his food and squirting some in his mouth several times a day. But I guess he was just too weak and his digestive system must have started shutting down.

I am so sad, and blaming myself for just thinking it was the weather and his age that had him acting a little differently.

I’m so sorry Mac. At least you are with your buddy Boo again (the horse we lost a year ago). We loved you.
View attachment 3363218

View attachment 3363225
:hugs:hugs:hugsI so wish our animals could tell us when they are hurting.:hugs:hugs:hugs

It does sound like Mac had a nice life with you:hugs❤️:hugs❤️

I will try to tell his story some day soon. Can’t handle it right now, especially when Miss Z (our only other llama who is also about 20 years old) just realized she can’t find him. She is giving their warning call. :hit
Hey, it's okay! Things happen! He was very old! He and Boo are walking together, catching up on what has happened in the past year. Its gonna be hard for Miss Z and you, but he was a very happy Llama. I could tell from the picture. Miss Z will be fine. If she is almost 20 years old, she understands life and death. Don't sweat it. I lost my dog two years ago and my other dog only has a few weeks left. It's hard, but you are strong. You need to go through the stages. Grief, you will think it is your fault, but it is not! If he lived to be 19, he has had an amazing life. God decided it was his time to walk over the Rainbow Bridge. He is gonna be will all of the other animals you have lost, and he will be happy and healthy. He is going to be young again.
Sorry that I am not very good at comforting people, PtR
:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs

That happens to me all the time! 😂
I had one fall asleep with her head through a hole in the wire. I thought she broke her neck but nope, just reclining.
My horse was sleeping in the field one day , I called but she didn’t move so I ran over and screamed at her, I must have scared her half to death she jumped up and almost kicked me in the chest!

Now I just go and give them ( horses chickens) a nudge with my foot haha 🥰

@Pastel The Rooster
Screenshot_20221230-210828_Messages.jpg

I would gently start filing her beak. You will want to both smooth out the tip - it is ragged and makes it more likely to split, but also to slowly start shaping it so it isn't as cross-beaked. It will be a VERY slow process - only do a very small amount at a time, as you don't want to file too deep and hit nerve endings.

That said, she is a real cutie!🥰

Back
Top Bottom