My Princesses really do test my emotional fortitude.
This morning I did not see Maggie emerge on the coop cams.
You have to understand two things: (i) I live with a constant dread that Maggie will drop down dead; and (ii) the driveway between my house and the Chicken Palace (well basically all around the house) is one large ice-rink - we got enough sun to melt the surface but not enough for it to drain away or soak in - beautiful but deadly.
So, convinced that Maggie has died in the night I risk life and limb to make it out to the Chicken Palace. Just as I am traversing the scary steep icy slope who should start yelling at me? Maggie of course. She evaded all the cameras and had been out in the pasture run all along!
:love

As I was nearly all the way to the Chicken Palace I decided to go in and sit down and let the ladies calm me down before I dared undertake the return journey.
Once inside I discover that Dotty has chosen this week - where we have had some of the coldest temperatures in 3 years - to start her molt. She looks a mess and there are Dotty fluff feathers everywhere.
:barnie

In good news (I guess) Minnie laid me a perfect, and perfectly tiny, egg which I will have for my breakfast.
The do so try our patience at times. I assume you successfully navigate your way back to the house. This is for the scare she put into you. :hugs :hugs

Angry Season 2 GIF by The Office
I lost this thread. AGAIN.
Just go to the main page, we are usually listed under New posts. Someone is almost always posting on the thread all day long.

Back
Top Bottom