Their coop/run is completely secure and covered with a roof.. I added a pretty big yard to that and that one is covered with netting.. then we put up some more fencing so they’d have another yard to use occasionally.. don’t think I can cover that one.. it is under some huge trees that drop tons of leaves... but thank you for the ideas :)
You will just have to spend more time with them like I do! It's great!

Dear friends, I’m very sad to have to tell you I had Chickie euthanised this morning. Sunday to Tuesday she seemed to be having really good days but this morning, she was lethargic, reluctant to leave the run and would stand hunched with her eyes closed. I decided that this was not the behaviour of a chicken that is healthy and I didn’t think she was going to get any better. So I made the (very) hard decision and called the vet. Dr Nikki isn’t working today so Dr Kevin did the deed. I decided I would bring her back home and bury her next to Emily and we had a good cuddle first. I followed Shad’s example and buried her with a bit of cheese so she could pay the ferryman.

When it gets less crazy, I might buy a couple of shrubs to plant over Emily and Chickie, for now they have rocks so I know where they are. If it’s ok with Bob, I will post some of my favourite photos of her as a tribute.
What a sweet send off. :hugs
I designed and hubby built.. I am very happy with it and I know the birdies love it! I have six.... Mango, Pineapple, Bananabelle, Kiwi, Pistachio, and Green Bean :D View attachment 2061452View attachment 2061453View attachment 2061454View attachment 2061457View attachment 2061458
I love it!!! Those are the happiest parakeets I've ever seen!! Thanks for sharing it!!! :love

You will just have to spend more time with them like I do! It's great!
I know.. I like letting them into the new yard because my swing is in there and it is completely shaded.. so I sit out with them... but now I’m afraid I won’t be able to even run inside for a minute :rolleyes:

Dear friends, I’m very sad to have to tell you I had Chickie euthanised this morning. Sunday to Tuesday she seemed to be having really good days but this morning, she was lethargic, reluctant to leave the run and would stand hunched with her eyes closed. I decided that this was not the behaviour of a chicken that is healthy and I didn’t think she was going to get any better. So I made the (very) hard decision and called the vet. Dr Nikki isn’t working today so Dr Kevin did the deed. I decided I would bring her back home and bury her next to Emily and we had a good cuddle first. I followed Shad’s example and buried her with a bit of cheese so she could pay the ferryman.

When it gets less crazy, I might buy a couple of shrubs to plant over Emily and Chickie, for now they have rocks so I know where they are. If it’s ok with Bob, I will post some of my favourite photos of her as a tribute.
I'm so sorry. :hugs We all know how hard this is. Extra hugs.:hugs:hugs

Back
Top Bottom