How a broody chicken normally gets hand fed: gently, calmly…
90BB9781-FD2D-4CC0-B4D8-55719B36BA6D.jpeg

Vs how Goldie eats from a hand while Broody, assuming she’s not trying to take actual chunks out of the hand and is settling for her third handful of pellets. The frenzy and biting has calmed down enough by this point that I could video with the non target hand. Apparently I can’t count and we have a total of three chicks one yellow one chipmunk and the other is still wet. Thankfully the rotting egg smell has left so I’m hoping it was just the two bad eggs I tossed last night.

How a broody chicken normally gets hand fed: gently, calmly…
View attachment 3121976
Vs how Goldie eats from a hand while Broody, assuming she’s not trying to take actual chunks out of the hand and is settling for her third handful of pellets. The frenzy and biting has calmed down enough by this point that I could video with the non target hand. Apparently I can’t count and we have a total of three chicks one yellow one chipmunk and the other is still wet. Thankfully the rotting egg smell has left so I’m hoping it was just the two bad eggs I tossed last night.
I have a hen who eats like that from my hand all the time!!! (Yes, I still feed her from my hand as I am trying to get her to be more comfortable & gentle!)

My friend/gardener/helper of all sorts has helped me spruce up the girls run today he's such a love.
He asks very little and wouldn't take all that was offered. He really restored my trust in humanity again. If there is such a thing as karma he's getting really good work lately which is really helping him through a very hard time.

Now where did that corn get to
20220524_113139.jpg

Back
Top Bottom