Now what?! I let them all out to run the yard, but wow are they noisy today. I donā€™t know what they want? They have food, water, their rooster Jaffar. But why are they standing around my bedroom window squawking like that? :idunno
I think one of you BYC friends, should come over and help me with this! Bring protective clothing. :old
(Thereā€™s ten of them, and only one of me!) :barnie
Had a similar situation this morning with what I hope are NOT my geese. Slight chicken alarming consistent with the ā€œgeese outside alertsā€. The meat chicks all made it through the night. We had some consistent rain from about 11-4am, needless to say I slept very lightly and kept shining a flashlight out my window to see if they looked ok or a tarp had blown off. I stumbled out in my sleeping clothes, which were conveniently my daytime tops, yoga pants, and two pair of comfy socks which made the boots a bit of a struggle one goose (flew and attempted to land on my fuel shed, then they both flew into the field next to the trailer still honking up a storm.I see no signs of an attack up here, but there is only one thing on the island that can take out multiple geese. Even the eagles almost never mess With them. Iā€™m really hoping these are last years offspring or the year priors looking for their parents, and that I will see MY geese and all their seven goslings all a little laterā€¦

I've just made myself feel sick comfort eating chocolate :sick

Tax
20220525_143704.jpg

Good news, My geese just showed up all 9. So either mom and dad saw something, stashed the babies, and were creating a distraction, or those were no my geese. Iā€™m leaning distraction because Iā€™ve watched them do similar stunts
Before (cattle herding away from the babies, etc)

Had a similar situation this morning with what I hope are NOT my geese. Slight chicken alarming consistent with the ā€œgeese outside alertsā€. The meat chicks all made it through the night. We had some consistent rain from about 11-4am, needless to say I slept very lightly and kept shining a flashlight out my window to see if they looked ok or a tarp had blown off. I stumbled out in my sleeping clothes, which were conveniently my daytime tops, yoga pants, and two pair of comfy socks which made the boots a bit of a struggle one goose (flew and attempted to land on my fuel shed, then they both flew into the field next to the trailer still honking up a storm.I see no signs of an attack up here, but there is only one thing on the island that can take out multiple geese. Even the eagles almost never mess With them. Iā€™m really hoping these are last years offspring or the year priors looking for their parents, and that I will see MY geese and all their seven goslings all a little laterā€¦
Yes Iā€™m having my chicken problems, but at least Iā€™m not getting ā€œgoosedā€ ! Hang in there Kris!

Now what?! I let them all out to run the yard, but wow are they noisy today. I donā€™t know what they want? They have food, water, their rooster Jaffar. But why are they standing around my bedroom window squawking like that? :idunno
I think one of you BYC friends, should come over and help me with this! Bring protective clothing. :old
(Thereā€™s ten of them, and only one of me!) :barnie
Flexi is the worst madame in my flock. The minute I opened the gate she barges through like she's a 20 stone man and marches off to next doors garden leaving princess then screaming to be taken with her, princess is the biggest laziest loud and demanding :yesss: and her bottom is dirty again
20220525_143534.jpg

Flexi is the worst madame in my flock. The minute I opened the gate she barges through like she's a 20 stone man and marches off to next doors garden leaving princess then screaming to be taken with her, princess is the biggest laziest loud and demanding :yesss: and her bottom is dirty again
View attachment 3123201
Flex, be good to your mama! :old Try to be more flexible, and wipe your bottom! Okay?:bow

Back
Top Bottom