It’s 102f outside now. The chooks are under the porch. I have Xzit and Dakota inside with me. The rest of them, didn’t want to come inside. Yes (102f) in case you might have missed that. 🥵
Geez that is hot.
Time to take the chickens to the movies so you can all cool down!
We are only in the low 90s here but without A/C it has been a struggle. In good news I just got A/C for the bedroom so at least I can sleep.
The Princesses seem to be coping ok so far.

Wow. I thought you had been to the zoo. That is so cool!
We’re near a port so we saw a big ship being towed in, then a Hercules flew by really close. The sun was out and my friend is awesome, so it was a great day!

Feel good tax
0A2285F5-C1F6-4786-9C81-1BB5A919B179.jpeg

The Final Name

So we are left with Lady Legbar as our final name recipient. Everyone should understand how important this name is to me. I could not enter into this lightly.

Many names were considered. The favorite before she arrived was Galadriel staying along the LOTR theme of strong women with Éowyn. But when she got here it did not feel right.

Then I considered Fendi to go along with Gucci and Posi (pronounced pozzie, short for Positano). They did not suit her.

Here is our girl.

View attachment 3162524View attachment 3162525View attachment 3162526View attachment 3162527View attachment 3162528View attachment 3162529

As I sat watching her it suddenly came to me and I think it is the perfect name. It pays tribute to our leghorns of old and brings their memory forward to today. In fact it brings a tear to my eye as I type this.

And best of all, it suits her

 Glynda

For those that have not read the entire thread. It connects back to our leghorn
View attachment 3162537

And in celebration, some music.
Great choice Bob! It suits her to a T.

Geez that is hot.
Time to take the chickens to the movies so you can all cool down!
We are only in the low 90s here but without A/C it has been a struggle. In good news I just got A/C for the bedroom so at least I can sleep.
The Princesses seem to be coping ok so far.
Is there enough room in your bedroom for the birds too? 🤔

Hahaha

I thought about leaving my lawn chair out for about 10 seconds, then thought about a juicy cecal poop being deposited on it and thought nope not happening!!!
😆
I was just out lying on the grass, hanging out with the new crowd, trying to get them to learn that they don't need to be afraid of me. Wouldn't you know it, my most curious and brave one, Rust, climbed up on my chest and deposited a nice juicy cecal on my shirt right by my face. :sick Gee thanks.

I was just out lying on the grass, hanging out with the new crowd, trying to get them to learn that they don't need to be afraid of me. Wouldn't you know it, my most curious and brave one, Rust, climbed up on my chest and deposited a nice juicy cecal on my shirt right by my face. :sick Gee thanks.
Be careful what you ask for, :old You might get it!:gig

Back
Top Bottom