I've always found it to be weird too. Sometimes I think Hviti will come up and bite Pipsqueak just to get my attention, then he'll head toward the cat tree expecting me to feed him. I usually make him wait a few minutes because I don't want to reinforce bad behavior. :lau
I have bonded brothers. They are weird. The dominant cat is not the one you would expect. My extroverted, quite social cat struts around being all high & mighty & his brother lets him until some mark I know nothing about is overstepped then he beats his brother up unmercifully. Kirby will cede territory, my person, food to Marlow most of the time but once he's decided something's his Marlow has to back down. Their dynamics are incredibly subtle & very complex, some of which I think has to do with being in a rescue situation for a long time. They were older kittens when I got them, nearly 6 months. They had bonded with their carers so moving them was quite traumatic for all of us. They are nowhere near as straightforward as chickens! 🤣

Run Videos

I went out and froze with them today in their run. The wind was howling. They were hanging out by the end of the run that is covered.
View attachment 2006531

I took out several snacks. One of which was Broccoli. The ladies really haven't seen broccoli like this before. It took Aurora no time to show everyone how to eat it. No one was really sure how to eat the florets before this. Afterwards they would only eat it if they could do what Aurora does in this video.

The next video shows them eating from my hand. The second treat was dried shrimp. Watch in this video as Lilly tries to enforce the pecking order. She will use her voice, a fake peck, and an actual peck to try and discourage the littles from eating. What Lilly doesn't do is really eat anything. Everyone else does.
Did you cook the broccoli? Mine rejected leeks today even when I steamed them first.

I have bonded brothers. They are weird. The dominant cat is not the one you would expect. My extroverted, quite social cat struts around being all high & mighty & his brother lets him until some mark I know nothing about is overstepped then he beats his brother up unmercifully. Kirby will cede territory, my person, food to Marlow most of the time but once he's decided something's his Marlow has to back down. Their dynamics are incredibly subtle & very complex, some of which I think has to do with being in a rescue situation for a long time. They were older kittens when I got them, nearly 6 months. They had bonded with their carers so moving them was quite traumatic for all of us. They are nowhere near as straightforward as chickens! 🤣
My 4 cats have very complicated dynamics that seem to revolve around me in ways I don’t understand. Syllabub rules the bed and Nightshade rules the desk. They seem to get on just fine but never groom each other. It is the other two that seem to stir things up - playing nice one minute and then going crazy. It seems like they tolerate Syllabub but eventually he just annoys them. I don’t think he reads social cues very well so they have to swipe him to stop him being in their face all the time!

I’m sorta getting used to the new set up and it all seems fine... except the emoji thingy.. I hate how it shows up small now and it disappears after each one you use! I do not like it at all :tongue.. and it’s all up in the way of your post instead of at the bottom like before.. does anyone else feel this way..?

I had a nightmare with it today as it kept dancing around the screen. It seems better now but im not sure I like it over the old way either.

My 4 cats have very complicated dynamics that seem to revolve around me in ways I don’t understand. Syllabub rules the bed and Nightshade rules the desk. They seem to get on just fine but never groom each other. It is the other two that seem to stir things up - playing nice one minute and then going crazy. It seems like they tolerate Syllabub but eventually he just annoys them. I don’t think he reads social cues very well so they have to swipe him to stop him being in their face all the time!
For as long as I have been having cats.. and always at least three at a time.. males and females together.. I have never noticed any of the behavior you and ribh mention.. all of mine seem equal and love each other dearly.. the only thing I am just noticing recently is the two males.. Bobby and Pippin.. they have always played together nicely.. now since the new female kitten is here they seem to attempt to fight.. circling around each other, ears back.. even though we have an older female.. but I put a stop to it immediately! I don’t know what I’d do if my cats fought...

I’m sorta getting used to the new set up and it all seems fine... except the emoji thingy.. I hate how it shows up small now and it disappears after each one you use! I do not like it at all :tongue.. and it’s all up in the way of your post instead of at the bottom like before.. does anyone else feel this way..?

Yes ma'am and its been reported on the update thread too :( theyre tweaking just be patient and keep watching things get better :)

OMG! Not like it's easy to understand chickens!

Back
Top Bottom