Time to Fly the Coop

It was too much for the littles today. Maleficent led the charge first. I opened the big run door today when I took them a breakfast snack. Mal decided that the 2 feet in snow to the sunflower seeds left behind by the song birds was worth it.

Next thing I know this one was knocking on the backdoor.
View attachment 2007369

Next thing I knew these two showed up
View attachment 2007372

Lilly was not willing to leave the small band with no snow around the coop.
View attachment 2007376

Eventually Lilly could not stand the thought that others were getting special food and she was not. After a few flights, (anything to avoid touching the snow) this was the sight at my back door.

View attachment 2007378

I decided to shovel the deck for them. So they all stood in front of the door looking in. I have never gotten the picture from this angle before.
View attachment 2007383

After eating, mealy worms, cracked corn, and cheese Itz, Lilly and Hattie decided it was nap time.

View attachment 2007385

Right now Lilly is trying to figure out how to get back to the coop without stepping on the snow. She does not seem happy.

Poor baby.

I just checked coop cam, Maleficent is roosted already. The others are still trapped on the deck at 5:00 pm.
View attachment 2007391

5:15 update

Lilly led the group off of the deck. Here they go. At the end as Aurora jumps off you can see Lilly arrive at the bird bath on the other side of the pool.

5:15 update

Lilly led the group off of the deck. Here they go. At the end as Aurora jumps off you can see Lilly arrive at the bird bath on the other side of the pool.

5:30 Update

Lilly made it to the coop and roosted. In doing so she threw Maleficent off the roost. Mal came back outside.

Hattie never made it to the coop. She stopped half way and decided to roost on a chair.
20200120_171627.jpg

I gathered her up with no struggle. She gladly accepted a ride back to the run.

Aurora made it back with no trouble. She even hung out with Maleficent for a little bit before they went back in and roosted.

Time to Fly the Coop

It was too much for the littles today. Maleficent led the charge first. I opened the big run door today when I took them a breakfast snack. Mal decided that the 2 feet in snow to the sunflower seeds left behind by the song birds was worth it.

Next thing I know this one was knocking on the backdoor.
View attachment 2007369

Next thing I knew these two showed up
View attachment 2007372

Lilly was not willing to leave the small band with no snow around the coop.
View attachment 2007376

Eventually Lilly could not stand the thought that others were getting special food and she was not. After a few flights, (anything to avoid touching the snow) this was the sight at my back door.

View attachment 2007378

I decided to shovel the deck for them. So they all stood in front of the door looking in. I have never gotten the picture from this angle before.
View attachment 2007383

After eating, mealy worms, cracked corn, and cheese Itz, Lilly and Hattie decided it was nap time.

View attachment 2007385

Right now Lilly is trying to figure out how to get back to the coop without stepping on the snow. She does not seem happy.

Poor baby.

I just checked coop cam, Maleficent is roosted already. The others are still trapped on the deck at 5:00 pm.
View attachment 2007391
LOVE these pics! And I love how Aurora has creamy beige feathers and her muffs are black... SO pretty!!

LOVE these pics! And I love how Aurora has creamy beige feathers and her muffs are black... SO pretty!!

The super white snow really helps Aurora to show off her coloring. She looks so pretty right now. And she is not hindered by snow at all. Trucking around the yard like it's no big thing.

They're funny aren't they. They all love the wine grapes that grow here. When the grapes are ripe and falling at openinng up time they go right past their normal breakfast and head for the terrace looking for grapes.
I bought some eating grapes once on a whim; the chickens weren't interested.:confused:

Just as well wine grapes don’t ferment on the vine, otherwise you’d have a lot of drunk chooks! :lau

So, so sorry to hear that. Sounds like you are close. I am sure he knows you are there for him even if you can't make it to Missouri.

We are, even so far away i always spent my school summers there and have many great memories

I hope it's quick if he has to die mixedUPturk.:hugs:hugs

Thank you :hugs :hugs

:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs

I am so sorry. We will keep you and your family in our thoughts and prayers. Here are some virtual hugs. :hugs:hugs:hugs

:hugs :hugs :hugs

Thank you we need it!

:hugs :hugs :hugs

:hugs So sorry. :hugs

:hugs thank you :hugs

Oh Turk, I’m so sorry. :hugs My younger brother died of an aortic aneurysm when he was 29 so I feel your pain. Please PM me if you would like to talk, I wish I coułd give you a big hug IRL.:hugs:hugs

Oh my im so sorry! Thats horrid and i will thank you! :hugs :hugs

So sorry darling :hugs

Thank you :hugs

I'm so sorry to read this news. This is how we lost our grandfather many years ago.

I hope you can dig deep within your emotional resources and provide some calm tenderness for yourself and anyone else who needs it.

No! im so sorry!

Thank you i am going to be glad to see my aunt. She will be moving down after this.

I'm so sorry to hear that. :hugs It's fine with me to talk about it all you want here. There were many times I lived across the country from family members when they passed and was unable to get there for a variety of reasons. It is just the most helpless thing. Just when you really need to be with your family you can't get there. So I hope you see us as your second family and can feel the hugs across these miles. :hugs

:hugs thank you! It is Absolutely helpless! I sure can feel the hugs!

This support is overwhelming you guys thank you so much! I will def keep your offer to talk. Im kind of speechless after crying for a day and a half but itll pass.

I have some good news i have to share now, i got myself a real deal canning pot. I am sure my profits to date on the pickled eggs have pd it but ill crunch the numbers soon. 24$ after taxes.
20200120_172114.jpg

Thats all very interesting. Im having a hard time absorbing much though so not really able to go look just book marking.

Yall. My uncle is dying. He had an aneurysm from his heart down to his groin. Were gonna loose him. Ive been crying so much and tryn to take my mind off of it w the site. Tryn to boil and peel the 600 eggs too. I tried to go on a trip up to them in Branson Missouri but theres just no way. As i was preparing i realized it just cant be done. Would put way to much hardship on my mostly very young family members.

Ill still be here clicking away but if im not emotional then im kinda numb and cant absorb anything.

Sorry to read here about your uncle. I think that you need a hug. :hugsWe are here for you!

Back
Top Bottom