I understood what the phrase meant and I believe it can be both an insult or a compliment, correct? I was trying to display my knowledge of the phrase and the limitations sometimes of the written word and be a little funny.

I believe I failed. It happens. :confused:
Well I had no clue as to what it meant! I was trying to read the inflections and channel my inner @Shadrach

Australians have this annoying habit of using insults as terms of endearment. ;)

Now that I understand ;) and sometimes go into Aussie withdrawl now that my friend was forced to return home... thanks, work visas and Canadian politics... I miss him dearly.

I understood that you knew what Shad meant. I was explaining for @Kris5902 :) I really need to be less school marmy!
Thanks and Yup, I di-nah-no WTH was being said, and was just making my best guess... I’m sure I wasn’t the only one though! I just tend to say “that thing” everyone else is thinking out loud, political correctness or ‘company line’ be darned! It made me both popular, and a frustration at work.

A stop out is someone who stays out instead of coming home - they stop out. Someone who imbibes while others sleep. Shad is using the term with warmth and camaraderie, but it's sometimes used as a mild insult: "he's a dirty stop out these days"
Yep, that’s my kind of chicken! Knew there was a reason I liked Mal so much ;)

I'm a bit late to the lamp party, but nonetheless chipping in with the praise! Those lamps are lovely! Do you have a shop on etsy?
I don't @MaryJanet . Lots of reasons why.
People either see them at the fairs or get to hear about them through other people. Then they come up the mountain to the nutter that has chickens in the house to view them.:D
In general, I like to see the people who buy my stuff and I like them to see and feel them before they buy. I'm not trying to make a business out of them really. I would probably keep them all if I had the room. I put a lot of hours into them and I get attached to them as they change from a lump of firewood into sometimes, something quite beautiful and unique.
I have a very well illuminated home.:D

I’m also not familiar with that turn of phrase... I read it to say she is a stunner, as a compliment, let’s hope she takes it take way as well. Chickens are obviously multi lingual and fluent in all the different human languages we use to praise their magnificence ;) Just like cats!:lol:
Okay, okay, I'll try and stick to that dull mid Atlantic soulless stuff that gets called English these days.:p:lau

I understood what the phrase meant and I believe it can be both an insult or a compliment, correct? I was trying to display my knowledge of the phrase and the limitations sometimes of the written word and be a little funny.

I believe I failed. It happens. :confused:
You and me both.:p:D

That’s adorable. My flock likes protection when crossing open ground, too. It’s so stinkin’ cute, I can hardly stand it. If I go stand out on the road (really just an easement to a single property beyond ours,) they’ll all run across in single file right beside me. Some will jut their necks and flap, too, while one or two will fly!
Hello @micstrachan How's chicken life with you these days?

View attachment 1633786

I have been wanting to do this for some time now. I knew once I started doing this there would be no going back. So I am now diving in and I hope you all enjoy coming along for the ride.

First of all let me tell you how we view our flock as that will help you to understand why we treat them like we do.

Our birds are our pets and we treat them as such. We do not care if someone is not laying eggs. They are welcome to stay at Fluffy Butt Acres until they pass naturally. (Now don't go telling them that! I would hate for word to get out) We do thoroughly enjoy the fresh eggs.

I plan to tell stories from the past as well as from today. I hope you all enjoy and will share stories of your flocks as well.
My girls follow me around like I am the pipe piper every time I go into the backyard I don't know if they think I have something for them or what but it is so funny. Yesterday I gave them some more mealworms and and crack corn and they go crazy. I have one hen that goes outside the yard and I think she is laying out in woods behind the fence. How would I find her eggs.

My girls follow me around like I am the pipe piper every time I go into the backyard I don't know if they think I have something for them or what but it is so funny. Yesterday I gave them some more mealworms and and crack corn and they go crazy. I have one hen that goes outside the yard and I think she is laying out in woods behind the fence. How would I find her eggs.
Follow her.:)

Okay, okay, I'll try and stick to that dull mid Atlantic soulless stuff that gets called English these days.:p:lau

Please don't do that. I was chuckling when I saw your post. I love all the different phrases everyone uses. You know lizards drinking and all.

Mal has a little "devil-may-care" about her and I really wasn't sure how she would feel about your turn of phrase. That made me laugh. :gig

Back
Top Bottom