Have a Cup of Coffee and Stay a While

This happened at 6:30 am today. I dont think it is after chickens.
Cats like to stalk and pounce. I think he is probably looking for mice or rats coming after food ( or maybe a girl friend) . Maybe he's attracted by the scent trails of your "other" visitors. He's definitely an issue if the girls are out of the "Fortress" cause he looks like a really big boy

There are quite a lot of youngsters on here though. Some seems quite smart about their birds.
Well , that fuzz ball clearly isn’t hurting for feed. I agree, not really interested in chicken dinner thankfully. I don’t know if a cat could contribute to deterring a weasel type predator. Maybe a small or young one. Our mink can and will take out large agressive geese, so o can’t see a house at scaring one off, but I could easily be mistaken.
Nope, you're not mistaken regarding a cat and a mink. The cat doesn't stand a chance.

"What's up then Solomon?"
P2162512.JPG

"There's something living in that hole."
P2162514.JPG

Nope, you're not mistaken regarding a cat and a mink. The cat doesn't stand a chance.
I don't disagree with regards to claw-to-claw conflict, but I think it is possible that a weasel would simply choose to go elsewhere rather than deal with the aggro from a big house cat. One of my cats once had a nose-to-nose encounter with a fox right outside the kitchen window. After some puffed up glaring and no blinking on either side, they seemed to come to a mutual agreement that backing down was best for both sides and just went their separate ways.

I don't disagree with regards to claw-to-claw conflict, but I think it is possible that a weasel would simply choose to go elsewhere rather than deal with the aggro from a big house cat. One of my cats once had a nose-to-nose encounter with a fox right outside the kitchen window. After some puffed up glaring and no blinking on either side, they seemed to come to a mutual agreement that backing down was best for both sides and just went their separate ways.
Yes, I agree, you're absolutely right. The chances of it coming to a fight are very remote. The mink will probably not even be seen by the cat. The cat won't be out there looking for food, the Mink is out hunting and hungry.

She could be so white it was blinding. Just gorgeous. And then at other times, not so much.View attachment 2027126
Hahahaaaa!!! Messy girl!
Dorothy (California White... she’s supposed to be 3/4 white leghorn and 1/4 barred rock, but she’s tiny a d her personality is all leghorn) got FILTHY yesterday digging out the grow box! I had just put a little carpet of sprouts in and she found a way to them!

My grandfather’s cat used to try and take on German Shepard’s, pit bulls, and raccoons. He was incredibly territorial, and one tough little guy. The dog owners usually managed to get their dogs clear of the crazy hissing fluffball charging them without incident. He “won” against the raccoons twice though, and got off with very little damage (he tore an ear pretty decently once). And not those skinny country raccoons, big trash fed city coons! It still amazes me how tiny the ones here are.

Back
Top Bottom