Bob here are some pictures of my new babies playing in the grass. They are having a ball.
20200227_132946.jpg 20200226_145040.jpg
The second one is from yesterday. I took a video. I just need to find out how to save on Youtube

Alright, alright, I admit it. I'm losing my grip.
I've mentioned Moon before. She not exactly an outcast but she doesn't quite fit. Nobody in Tribe 1 bothers her but she is so obviously different in colour and demeanor.
Moon has decided I'm okay. She turns up often on her own and sits in the armchair napping or watching me go about what I have to do.
Treacle is another one who doesn't quite fit. I've mentioned the prospects of a pairing before.
Today I came over all soft and cuddly and the reason was the sequence of events that the pictures below just don't do justice to.
Moon arrived first. Her brother Tyle brought her to the door and then rejoined Tribe 1. Moon and her sister Tap are having problems picking a nest site. Cillin has had a brief attempt at suggesting suitable spots, but with 5 other more senior and more cooperative hens to look after, Moon has been left to fend for herself to some extent.
Treacle checks on me most days, probably every day but doesn't always find me. He arrived when Moon was here; she had already got into the nest box but was looking hesitant about settling. Most hens here expect a rooster to be there when they first pick a nest site.
Treacle isn't all that well clued up on this new nest business and got underneath the nest box on the floor and made nesting noises and scratching motions which is what a good rooster does when he wants a hen to lay in a particular place. Unfortunately I had left my camera in the car port but Moon ended up peering over the edge of the nest box at where Treacle was crouched. If Moon had got out the probability was she would have wandered off to find somewhere else to lay. I didn't want that. I really like to know where each hen is laying.
I interfered and picked Treacle up and put him where he should have been and that was in the box with Moon. It's not good scratching the floor underneath.
I went and got my camera.
The whole performance was just so sweet. Despite both being in the nest box for over an hour and a half Moon didn't lay an egg. But, she now knows that the box is okay and just maybe she'll get Treacle to accompany her in the future.
P2272637.JPG
P2272638.JPG
P2272639.JPG
P2272640.JPG
P2272641.JPG
P2272642.JPG
P2272643.JPG
P2272644.JPG

I've mentioned Moon before. She not exactly an outcast but she doesn't quite fit. Nobody in Tribe 1 bothers her but she is so obviously different in colour and demeanor.
Moon has decided I'm okay. She turns up often on her own and sits in the armchair napping or watching me go about what I have to do.
Treacle is another one who doesn't quite fit. I've mentioned the prospects of a pairing before.
Today I came over all soft and cuddly and the reason was the sequence of events that the pictures below just don't do justice to.
Moon arrived first. Her brother Tyle brought her to the door and then rejoined Tribe 1. Moon and her sister Tap are having problems picking a nest site. Cillin has had a brief attempt at suggesting suitable spots, but with 5 other more senior and more cooperative hens to look after, Moon has been left to fend for herself to some extent.
Treacle checks on me most days, probably every day but doesn't always find me. He arrived when Moon was here; she had already got into the nest box but was looking hesitant about settling. Most hens here expect a rooster to be there when they first pick a nest site.
Treacle isn't all that well clued up on this new nest business and got underneath the nest box on the floor and made nesting noises and scratching motions which is what a good rooster does when he wants a hen to lay in a particular place. Unfortunately I had left my camera in the car port but Moon ended up peering over the edge of the nest box at where Treacle was crouched. If Moon had got out the probability was she would have wandered off to find somewhere else to lay. I didn't want that. I really like to know where each hen is laying.
I interfered and picked Treacle up and put him where he should have been and that was in the box with Moon. It's not good scratching the floor underneath.
The whole performance was just so sweet. Despite both being in the nest box for over an hour and a half Moon didn't lay an egg. But, she now knows that the box is okay and just maybe she'll get Treacle to accompany her in the future.View attachment 2036990View attachment 2036995View attachment 2037003View attachment 2037004View attachment 2037005View attachment 2037006View attachment 2037007View attachment 2037011
What a gorgeous couple!! :love

The whole performance was just so sweet. Despite both being in the nest box for over an hour and a half Moon didn't lay an egg. But, she now knows that the box is okay and just maybe she'll get Treacle to accompany her in the future.View attachment 2036990View attachment 2036995View attachment 2037003View attachment 2037004View attachment 2037005View attachment 2037006View attachment 2037007View attachment 2037011
I think Moon is gorgeous but Treacle! What a stunning laddie!

The library says no u cant print on anything other than the plain paper that they provide.

We just gave my teen her Golden 15th party as a surprise party on sunday :p she was so surprised she cried :love just 4 of her friends not a big to do @drumstick diva none of us are crazy about big parties either :lol: she thought it had passed nobody paid much mind just like any other bday and Bam! :gig she got her favs raising canes chicken, almond wedding cake and vanilla ice cream :love im glad shes so simple :p

her first high school bf had broken up w her that morning, she was at a friends to help me set up (unknowingly to her of course but friend and friends mom wrre in on it ;) ) and anyway she had called me bawling while i was making the cake that morning. I had been texting him tryn to get him to come but he wouldnt respond so we had a geeling but couldnt tell her. Really cheered her up, i wish every kid could be so lucky.

All 4 of my kids are Feb babies :love apparently dh is only fertile in April May :p we have the 1st, 14th, 15th and 17th :th its almost as bad as Christmas :gig so i buy and save gifts all year :D
Great job!

I finally got my babies yesterday. 2-silver laced wyandottes, 2-barred rock, 2-buff orpingtons and 1-cuckoo maran. They are so cute. They are 1 week old as of yesterday. I gave them some chopped up herbs today and they went crazy running all over, trying to steal each others piece. They ate them all up. Does anyone know what is the appropriate amount of fresh greens they should have to eat? Now I need to get something to sit their water on. They keep filling it with shavings.:thI'm going to get a brick from outside and try it.
Photos, please!

Back
Top Bottom