Phyllis was having fun Today

Phyllis figured out that it does not rain in the big coop. 2 different times she took refuge in the house. She enjoyed her reflection in the door.
20200328_173002.jpg

There other time her and Davis came nose to nose. All the others ran but Phyllis stared him down.

Before Davis
20200328_182223.jpg

After Davis arrived
20200328_173041.jpg

Phyllis then proceeded to run Davis off. She took 2 steps toward him and away he ran. I just missed getting video of it. Here is Phyllis walking after him to make certain he did not come back! :gig

Last edited:
Thanks. That's the thing. If I'm not able to take her life myself, how can I ask someone who doesn't know her like I do to do it? That would make it worse for her. I watched Ethel die for a week after the eagle attack, and I don't think I would do it differently if I had it to do over, although I have said I would.

These decisions are so hard. :( She is up on her feet this afternoon. 🙏
I'm glad that she is up. :hugs

Oh my goodness. I know all about loss. I lost my only child. It is actually why it's so hard for me to watch her die.

Okay. You are all so kind and trying to be helpful. It's just not helping, so I'm going to just go sit with my sick girl for a while.

:frow Thanks everyone for the hugs!!! I needed that.
I would spend as much time with her as I could. Good decision.

Live long enough & everything dies on you. Learning to navigate the process is part of life & none of us find it easy. How we deal with it is partly determined by our own natures. I tend to like things to evolve as naturally as possible & interfere as little as possible. That holds true for birthing & dying as well as living. Animals are much better at coping with their death than we are ~ or @ least, that's my perception, & I know with cats they are ok about taking their time about it.
Now I am in floods of tears. I have had two cats die in my arms and one I had the vet euthenize. But then there was Pashmina. A fully indoor cat who was about 18 or maybe 20. Clearly wasting away from old age but with a nice cat life with a warm bed and lots of cuddles. One evening she gets up and goes to the front door and howls to be let out. She had never gone out that door her whole life. After hours of agonizing (I could sense what she had in mind) I let her out and she walked confidently off into the night and was never seen again. For a while I felt guilty at letting her out. But now I feel I did the right thing. She knew it was her time to go. Hope I have half as much dignity when it is my turn.

I didn’t mean to come on here and get all emotional about Pashmina.
I meant to come here to post this because for me it never gets old seeing my Princesses hanging out on the big branch looking at the view before bed.
Here are Maggie and Diana. Elizabeth had found some scrap of food and was finishing up her pre-bed snack.
C98C8D26-5EFE-4DDB-AE30-179651D8DA5F.jpeg

I didn’t mean to come on here and get all emotional about Pashmina.
I meant to come here to post this because for me it never gets old seeing my Princesses hanging out on the big branch looking at the view before bed.
Here are Maggie and Diana. Elizabeth had found some scrap of food and was finishing up her pre-bed snack.View attachment 2065903
I never get tired of it either! :love

Back
Top Bottom