I believe that we will be going with a small number, maybe 3. I am assuming there will be males. The plan is to let Syndey, set, hatch, and raise them until they are old enough to go off on their own. I do not intend to keep any. I simply do not have space, so I am planning to rehome them all. It will be hard to let them go but being at capacity will help.

I want her to satisfy her instincts and I will do all I can to get them good homes. I really hope this works. :fl
Good plan!

I believe I will getting eggs for her. Yup. If she is still going strong tomorrow, we are going to do this. I'm a little excited and apprehensive. I haven't done this before. When I was a young lad we always gave Speck chicks after we let her set golf balls instead of eggs.

I'm going to be counting on everyone to help me get her through this.
I believe that we will be going with a small number, maybe 3. I am assuming there will be males. The plan is to let Syndey, set, hatch, and raise them until they are old enough to go off on their own. I do not intend to keep any. I simply do not have space, so I am planning to rehome them all. It will be hard to let them go but being at capacity will help.

I want her to satisfy her instincts and I will do all I can to get them good homes. I really hope this works. :fl
Adventure time! I'm so excited for you and Sydney. :wee

I know nothing about hatching eggs and raising chicks but I will offer moral support. ☺
I expect the hardest part will be re homing them.

I believe I will getting eggs for her. Yup. If she is still going strong tomorrow, we are going to do this. I'm a little excited and apprehensive. I haven't done this before. When I was a young lad we always gave Speck chicks after we let her set golf balls instead of eggs.

Exciting!!!

:hugs:fl I've never ever done this. All the moral support but no idea @ all. :lol:

@BY Bob how exciting for you and Sydney! Will you be putting her in a separate unit from the main coop? I am totally clueless re hatching, but I have seen on BYC that people tend to separate a hen who is going to hatch - presumably to protect the hen and her offspring from the others.

@micstrachan I was also thinking of @Shadrach yesterday whilst I went on poop-patrol round the garden with my bucket. At least I don't have to worry about my footwear being assaulted!

@Ribh am I correct in thinking you also have quite an interest in plants? Seem to remember your thread having lots of garden photos.

Anyway, the man and I went houseplant shopping the other day and I spent yesterday outside repotting most of them under the supervision of my flock. The house looks lovely now with really luscious green plants in almost every room.

Back
Top Bottom