Welcome Pam. Sounds like you have a beautiful flock. I'd love to see some pictures.

I love the color yellow for a coop. Your coop can be a beautiful part of your landscape if you want. That is what my wife wanted when she chose the color.
Hi Bob! I will definitely post some pictures as soon as we get everything well underway. I have some of my flock already. They sure crack me up. I put three medium sized strawberries in their brooder pen tonight just to see what they would do with them and you would have thought I put the sign of the devil in there in three locations. They were dipping and dodging and diving and I canā€™t leave out the most important flying around those things like they were going to kill them on contact. However, when Mom broke one into and out some in my finger and let my two lead or most dominant chicks take some and drink itā€™s sweet juice from off my finger then it was full on war then to see who could keep them all to themselves then and simply hilarious! Like two old ladies running around to keep their necklace in their mouths. I just died laughing at them. They were screaming their chirps at the same time. As if to say ā€œNanny nanny nah nah! you canā€™t get it!ā€ I have enjoyed these nine babies as much as having all my puppies and I have had a great deal of those in my time as a great dog lover.
Yā€™all have a great weekend in the coop and I will pull my pics together and charge my dead phone and post tomorrow.
Pam

She's picking up tips on going broody!!:lol:
As you can see, dust bathing for broody hens is a must. I feel so sorry for those hens that get locked in broody coops and can't get out to this stuff.:hit It just seems cruel to me.
She bathed before she ate yesterday. Very important I would say.

Hi Bob! I will definitely post some pictures as soon as we get everything well underway. I have some of my flock already. They sure crack me up. I put three medium sized strawberries in their brooder pen tonight just to see what they would do with them and you would have thought I put the sign of the devil in there in three locations. They were dipping and dodging and diving and I canā€™t leave out the most important flying around those things like they were going to kill them on contact. However, when Mom broke one into and out some in my finger and let my two lead or most dominant chicks take some and drink itā€™s sweet juice from off my finger then it was full on war then to see who could keep them all to themselves then and simply hilarious! Like two old ladies running around to keep their necklace in their mouths. I just died laughing at them. They were screaming their chirps at the same time. As if to say ā€œNanny nanny nah nah! you canā€™t get it!ā€ I have enjoyed these nine babies as much as having all my puppies and I have had a great deal of those in my time as a great dog lover.
Yā€™all have a great weekend in the coop and I will pull my pics together and charge my dead phone and post tomorrow.
Pam
I love how anything new is going to kill them and then once they figure out its food they go crazy and are like little piranhas. šŸ˜†

I can't wait to see the photos.

Pam
Your description reminds me of last November when I first gave the young Princesses pumpkin. It was huge and had been cut for Halloween but got caught by the frost so was a bit mushy. The ladies took one look and then turned tail and fled (which given its lopsided grin I sort of understand). A few hours later I came back to check on everyone and their little faces were completely covered with mushy pumpkin and they were racing about stealing strands of it from each other's beaks. I think it took just two days for the whole pumpkin to disappear!

Back
Top Bottom