Frankly Phyllis has been aggressive all day. She has been stealing food from everyone and anyone. Taking pecks from both Lilly and Aurora at different times but everytime she has taken their food.
Hmmm i wonder if she's feeling broody too.

Looking at Bob's video clip and just how quickly it was all over I think it would be easy to miss if it happened. I used to think by watching the clucking and fluffed upness that nobody was going to mess with that. They do here though.:confused:
It has been very different between Sydney and Maleficent. Everyone has taken on Sydney. And she has been very clucky and puffed out. Only once did anyone try Maleficent. In that instance she stared down both Lilly and Hattie at the same time, otherwise they gave her a wide berth.

Now Mal was 3 out of 4, not 5 out of 6 but she was also a very different personality than Sydney. Maleficent would have been alpha at some point. I do not see Sydney ever being alpha hen. It just doesn't matter enough to her.

Don't even think about it!
20200530_182049.jpg

What would connect the behavior? I don't see the connection but hey, broody is new to me.

Shad predicted Sydney was broody from how she sat in the yard!
I was thinking of Phyllis's increased assertion over food. I thought perhaps she was stocking up before sitting. It's all guesswork on my part :hmmwhereas Shad has so much experience.

I was thinking of Phyllis's increased assertion over food. I thought perhaps she was stocking up before sitting. It's all guesswork on my part :hmmwhereas Shad has so much experience.
I wonder if it could be her finally adapting to Sydney's absence from the flock as well. :confused:

I honestly woke up one morning a few weeks ago and thought what am I going to post on to keep things active here on my thread. I honestly thought that we were finally going to settle into a routine where nothing untoward happens. Free Range grazing every day. Roosting has become calm and organized. I was all ready to go back for some old stories, maybe do that coop building article, just really hit a simple routine.

💣ssssssssss💥 Surprise!

Sydney's broody. Time for a new adventure.

They truly are never boring. 😆

There's been a shift in the pecking order with Sydney out of the picture. i'm betting Phyllis is pitching to move up the rankings. :D
This could very easily be true. Forget about her, acknowledge me (Phyllis) as number 5. Then make Sydney fight her way back up. Could be her strategy.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom