I was in the same place when Trisha was egg bound. I could not help her. Maybe if I had known of BYC and @Kris5902 I could have saved her. I did not and there was nothing I could do. Unfortunately sometimes we learn through experience.

I will say this, they were each better off with you and me than anyone I grew up with where their lives would have ended instantly. At least we tried. :hugs
Very true Bob.

I took this picture for our American friends last week, to show you what you’d get if you shop at Lowes in Australia. ;)

E4777E7B-A489-4B5C-8592-53FC9AF7C2FD.jpeg

I've never heard about a pottery drinker. Any pic's of one ?? How easy to wash ??
I posted a picture a while back. I'll take some more.
No, not easy to wash. Maybe @BY Bob can explain how this works.
The cup on the side of the pot accumulates algae and crap, but the inside of the container stays clean. Something to do with light and exposure to the air.
If cleanliness is a thing for you, it isn't really for the chickens, then vinegar or oxine will help.
I do clean them but I change the water twice a day. Watching where and what chickens drink soon makes one realise that they aren't as fussy about clean water as we are.

I posted a picture a while back. I'll take some more.
No, not easy to wash. Maybe @BY Bob can explain how this works.
The cup on the side of the pot accumulates algae and crap, but the inside of the container stays clean. Something to do with light and exposure to the air.
If cleanliness is a thing for you, it isn't really for the chickens, then vinegar or oxine will help.
I do clean them but I change the water twice a day. Watching where and what chickens drink soon makes one realise that they aren't as fussy about clean water as we are.
They prefer dirty water to clean, I'm absolutely sure of that. I've seen them drink from a puddle right next to the fresh water i provide for them.

Back
Top Bottom