It's now 8 pm and all the chickens have tucked themselves into bed. Every one had a bit of free range time.

I believe the 2 chickens Anna had given to her are actually Pheonixes instead of OEGB. Phoenix's tail feathers just keep growing and growing! Plus Violet has impressive feathers herself.
20200829_191456.jpg

20200829_191502.jpg

Ned and Lucky were unsure how to get out for free ranging, so I had to pull up the fence.
20200829_191345.jpg

Ned is very much like Stanley was as a youngster, very friendly and FOOD oriented!!😂 Rich and I are enjoying a campfire tonight and ordered a Stromboli from the local pizza shop. Well Ned decided it was to good to past up and he stole a big piece right from Rich's plate! I didn't get a picture of it, but I did take this one later...
20200829_195059.jpg

Tonight's sunset!
20200829_200454.jpg

kiaa has posted more pictures of Iranian chickens. Given how little known these breeds are and how much kiaa knows about them I would have expected a rather more enthusiastic response.
I don't want to dwell on why this doesn't happen.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...andi-gara-marand.619465/page-71#post-23167830
Some great pictures of chickens out foraging in the snow at -15C or about 5F in foreign money.
I had a look at his post - thanks for highlighting it for us.

It's now 8 pm and all the chickens have tucked themselves into bed. Every one had a bit of free range time.

I believe the 2 chickens Anna had given to her are actually Pheonixes instead of OEGB. Phoenix's tail feathers just keep growing and growing! Plus Violet has impressive feathers herself.
View attachment 2312345
View attachment 2312346

Ned and Lucky were unsure how to get out for free ranging, so I had to pull up the fence.
View attachment 2312354

Ned is very much like Stanley was as a youngster, very friendly and FOOD oriented!!😂 Rich and I are enjoying a campfire tonight and ordered a Stromboli from the local pizza shop. Well Ned decided it was to good to past up and he stole a big piece right from Rich's plate! I didn't get a picture of it, but I did take this one later...
View attachment 2312368

Tonight's sunset!
View attachment 2312374
I can say to everyone, those Phoenix chickens are spectacular and they are super friendly. Once Violet was perched on CCCLs hand she would not get off and anyone could pet her. So small, so beautiful, and so friendly.

I just want to make clear that around here Ned never stole food from anyone except another chicken. 😆

View attachment 2312345
View attachment 2312346

View attachment 2312354

View attachment 2312368

Tonight's sunset!
View attachment 2312374
So much to love about this post. Starting with Ned's orange legs - I had forgotten how bright they are!
I thought a Phoenix was a mythical bird. If you have Phoenixes (is that the plural of Phoenix?!) that is seriously cool! I am assuming it is a kind of chicken, which is also seriously cool.
:love

I can say to everyone, those Phoenix chickens are spectacular and they are super friendly. Once Violet was perched on CCCLs hand she would not get off and anyone could pet her. So small, so beautiful, and so friendly.

I just want to make clear that around here Ned never stole food from anyone except another chicken. 😆
:lau:lau
I think that was because of the Aunties taking the food instead! I love how focused he is on Rich's plate!

View attachment 2312345
View attachment 2312346

View attachment 2312354

View attachment 2312368

Tonight's sunset!
View attachment 2312374

I've never heard of the Phoenix breed of chicken. They are gorgeous! Now I know what to add to my flock in a couple of years.

:lau:lau
I think that was because of the Aunties taking the food instead! I love how focused he is on Rich's plate!

That's because Ned is actually a dog in a chicken suit! 🥰

Back
Top Bottom