I'm so glad you are back to almost normal. I do love some Tap Dancing. Has she ever seen Gregory Hines?

I see that Sony Vaio laptop in the background. I assume that is your backup. I always wanted one of those super slim machines but could never afford one. Do they even still make those?
TAP DANCING!!!

Couldn't tell. He had a special mouth piece that connected to directly to his earbuds. It just looked like he was playing silently on a short recorder. I really didn't know what he was doing until I asked. It was very interesting.
Yeah, that's one of the weirder things I've seen ~ though just paying the mouthpiece is weird enough. I was once privileged to have a long discussion with William Barton[ the Australian Digeridoo player] on the similarities of bagpipes & the digeridoo as both use circular breathing ~in the nose, out the mouth, not in & out separately. He can play the bagpipes because he uses the same breathing technique to play a digeridoo. And as a peculiar aside, did you know digeridoos are keyed? That sounds weird. The length determines which key they are tuned to. That's so they can now play with orchestras.

I think they do Bob but there is no way I could afford one now.
The one in the picture is very very old. It has easily been the best computer I've had and I've had a few over the years. These days it just isn't powerful enough.
It's a single core processor with just 512MB of RAM. I stripped Microshite Doors off it years ago and it trundles along on Linux.
The two worst PCs have been Dell and HP.
I have an old dinosaur of a sony vaio! Lots of photos from when the kids were little. Doesn’t really run at this point.

Who's Laying? Mystery Solved!

I swear sometimes I forget I have cameras in the coop. I've been wondering who is laying the very few eggs I am getting. So today I finally turned on the coop cameras and armed them so they would record whenever someone entered the coop. I successfully identified who laid today. I also picked up some other interesting video along the way.

Our first egg laying occurred at 8:05 am this morning.

It took her 1 hour 15 minutes to lay her egg. On the way out she grabbed some of Hatties feathers and tried to add them to the nest.

Next up would be this young lady.

Isn't it odd how she is walking? I wonder why?

She started on the nest at 12:58 pm. At 1:27 I open the screen door on the deck. Check out Sydney's reaction.

After snacking on the deck with everyone else, Sydney returned to the nest and after 1 hour 25 minutes laid her egg.

Those were today's eggs, here are some other interesting videos.

Phyllis came into the coop to fix her head feathers.

Hattie knocking Phyllis off the roost. It takes 2 videos and you miss the fall.

Hattie has not been rooster for most of the summer but she is bad at it. You can see her use her step to get up on the roost and then she needs to get past Phyllis to get to her favorite spot. So Phyllis must get down.

Phyllis must move out of the way and get back up. So she showed Hattie how to get on the roost without a step.

They make the sweetest noises!

Back
Top Bottom