I only get “alarmed” by poop if there is behavior to go with it. The first several times Roxy had black poop, it was from eating wood ash and I didn’t think a thing of it. She seemed to be self medicating for whatever was causing her urates to be yellow. When she had black poop, her comb went pale, she got lethargic and she was open mouth breathing, I brought her to the avian vet who confirmed anemia. When Lucky had a slimy back end combined with standing around, I was concerned and brought her in. It turned out she had a broken egg inside. When Ruby pooped liquid and bits of bright kelly green, she was dropping weight and getting lethargic. An avian vet prescribed antibiotics and antii-inflammatories for the abdominal swelling. I took it upon myself to syringe meal supplements for a couple days. She’d perk up just a few minutes after the meal and eventually got her own appetite back. But bits of regular colored poop on a hot day is to be expected here, as they drink more and eat less than an average day. If they are confined to the run where I know exactly what they are eating and have a change in poop, I certainly notice and am extra observant of their behavior. Alarmed? No. Only if there is a second symptom. There have been countless times that the poop wasn’t right and the bird had other symptoms, but I gave it a couple days and it cleared on its own.
That is exactly how I manage mine. Different poo is a reason to be more vigilant and look for other symptoms. Those a great examples for everyone. Thanks for posting.

Sunrise over the Chicken Palace. Diana laid a beautiful egg again today and Minnie is having a really bad hair day!
44792040-C435-49C6-8501-D89F4B19C1DC.jpeg
B49B82C0-9BA6-4825-B3A4-BE913C023B6C.jpeg
F2F8BCF4-876F-46B1-82DE-55B69CE0B95E.jpeg

I will be missing today

I have my 85 alfa entered into a road rally today. Keep your fingers crossed that I can get her to the finish line. I will consider that to be a success. 🏁🏎

@Ribh the connection between your describing Romeo & Juliet as comedy and me trying to get this car through a road rally just hit me. Her name is Juliet! Let's hope this doesn't turn into yet another tow truck ride for me! 😆

Did I ever tell you all can be a little stubborn? :confused:

20200425201047.jpg

I will be missing today

I have my 85 alfa entered into a road rally today. Keep your fingers crossed that I can get her to the finish line. I will consider that to be a success. 🏁🏎

@Ribh the connection between your describing Romeo & Juliet as comedy and me trying to get this car through a road rally just hit me. Her name is Juliet! Let's hope this doesn't turn into yet another tow truck ride for me! 😆

Best of luck! :thumbsup

I will be missing today

View attachment 2341395
Good luck and send pictures later!

Back
Top Bottom