Not Quite to Alice's level
Hattie appears to holding on to some feathers. She is quite rumply though.
View attachment 2346213

You can tell where she roosts at night. She still loves the Daisy spot.
View attachment 2346214

Speaking of roosting, I have noticed that Phyllis always goes to bed before everyone else. I know nothing funny there. But lately up to an hour before everyone else and that sparked my curiosity. So I checked on her last night.
View attachment 2346216

It seems she goes in and roosts on the high roost until Lilly comes in and tosses her off. This is happening every night. I wonder what she contemplates while she sits up there alone. 🤔
:eek:Hattie!! And poor Phyllis 😟... that make me sad... she thinks if she goes extra early then she gets the spot she wants.. but nope.. poor thing!

Just a quick pop-in!!

Things have been incredibly busy at home and work. Rich is trying for 50/50 custody again, the court date is 10/12 so we're anxious for that. The passing of his mom has been harder then he thought it would be, plus it brought up memories from my mom dying 15 years ago of the same thing.

The chickens are great! So are the rest of the animals. I'll be in more later, enjoy some pictures from today!

View attachment 2345800

View attachment 2345802
:hugsHugs to you... cute pics!

I have let the Brady Bunch out with the bigs today.. things look pretty good. TRUMP is acting like daddy 😁
Yall see in the pic of them three how one is darker than the other two... does that mean girl and boys?! I thought yall mentioned something about the barred breeds that you can tell them apart by shade... or am I mistaken?
989086E2-936B-4772-B3E3-1D9FBE645162.jpeg
CB4E8470-F36F-44E3-B8D5-7D5D4B7D9222.jpeg
55C779B9-BD4F-46D4-802E-77AEFBB20A73.jpeg
941FD33C-4242-4166-B7A7-6E14606687DB.jpeg

@ChicoryBlue I hope you are enjoying the stories so far. Don't be afraid to join us here in the now as well as you catch up.
Thanks! I had started in and jumped around and then it got too confusing, so I wanted to get straight with who was who and when. Your "family" stories/posts are sweet, funny, happy and sad, but all the time very honest and immediate. Your writing style is very relatable and I love your videos and pictures. But yes, it will take me a long time to catch up to here, and I may not catch up - the "here" keeps moving ahead....so maybe I'll have to do both!

I would like to tell you that today I read up through the days Patsy was declining and her death and it really moved me 😭 . You gave her as much as anyone could hope to give and I am so sorry for your loss. Thank you for sharing.

Back
Top Bottom