As a thank you offering for all the research you and @BY Bob have been doing into Legbars, I offer up some pictures of the young ladies.
Minnie looking quite grown-up with her red comb and blue ear tufts, Dotty looking a tad deranged and trying to put her fluffy butt in order. And both of them settling down to watch for bugs. Dotty has always been bigger and more developed but Minnie is definitely ahead in terms of comb and wattle development. I looked up pictures of Cream Legbars and they both have the pink chest that suggests they are both pullets in spite of Minnie’s precociousness.

View attachment 2350593View attachment 2350594View attachment 2350595View attachment 2350596
Those are great photographs. They are both beautiful ladies. I just love those mop tops!

I think so, but it is possible I am biased. I think they are very pretty, but it is their antics that I love the most. Honestly I could watch them all day and they make me laugh out loud all the time.
That is a great quality to have in your chickens. It's good to have a comedy channel on your chicken TV.

@micstrachan I find my white chickens incredibly difficult to photo but here we go:

This is Beatha, splash Aracauna.
She has a small beard & tiny muffs. Her crest really never developed.
Rose comb, some feathering on her legs.
View attachment 2350863
Mhari.
No beard, no muffs but she does have quite a distinct crest that isn't really showing in this picture.
As you can see, both girls have tails.
View attachment 2350865
They are marvelous. That picture of Mhari is outstanding! That's "wall-worthy"!

***WARNING - GRAPHIC EYE PHOTOS***

I am utterly amazed at the human body’s ability to heal. I’m posting two photos, roughly 24 hours apart. The first photo was several hours after the injury. Seeing the damage is what prompted me to put the chickens in and seek medical advice/care. The second photo was just taken. I think there’s huge improvement! The abrasion has largely filled in already. Amazing!

Here come the photos. Stop viewing this post if you are eye squeamish.

View attachment 2350943

View attachment 2350944
I'm so glad it is healing so well. It does seem a little close for comfort. Maybe some goggles are in order while working with the brush? 👀

Photos don’t really do it justice, and I’m not sure I’m up for more work today. I did take my loppers and cut up some of the brush, but my arms are just too tired to lift them anymore this weekend. The area I cleaned up was maybe 60 feet (20 yards-ish) by about 8 feet deep. I got it down to these piles:

View attachment 2350967

View attachment 2350971

Here’s what’s left of the little brush:
View attachment 2350976

It’s maybe a 15-foot diameter pile. Pictures don’t do it justice, but I kicked booty this weekend.
You sure did. Good for you. Very impressive. That was a real accomplishment.

I just printed photos, mounted them in frames and then continously rearranged them to please Mrs BY Bob. Much less stressful.

Back
Top Bottom