***WARNING - GRAPHIC EYE PHOTOS***

I am utterly amazed at the human body’s ability to heal. I’m posting two photos, roughly 24 hours apart. The first photo was several hours after the injury. Seeing the damage is what prompted me to put the chickens in and seek medical advice/care. The second photo was just taken. I think there’s huge improvement! The abrasion has largely filled in already. Amazing!

Here come the photos. Stop viewing this post if you are eye squeamish.

View attachment 2350943

View attachment 2350944
You were lucky! I hope you've found some safety glasses now. I wear them, even when using hand tools doing the lamps and stuff.

That’s good info! I did not know you could rent from home depot. I’m tempted to buy one, but think the ones in my price range might not be adequate.
You need something specified to cope with 4 inch diameter to cope well with two inches I've found. A bit like flat pack chicken coops; somewhat over specified.:D

Maggie
I hope you all don't mind but I am going to post some pictures and videos of Maggie over the next few days as a pre-death memorial.
It seems she is just too ornery to die even though the vet says she will soon and offered to euthanize her.
But we agreed she is still enjoying her chicken life and so there is no need to end it today. The vet is only about 20 mins away and can euthanize her at short notice if her quality of life goes down.
Meanwhile, she seems to be enjoying herself.
He gave me a few things to look out for if she is feeling unwell, and in the meantime I plan to spoil her rotten. Corn? Meal worms? Banana? Blueberries? She gets whatever she wants!
Here is to you Maggie - a life well lived however short.

Maggie
I hope you all don't mind but I am going to post some pictures and videos of Maggie over the next few days as a pre-death memorial.
It seems she is just too ornery to die even though the vet says she will soon and offered to euthanize her.
But we agreed she is still enjoying her chicken life and so there is no need to end it today. The vet is only about 20 mins away and can euthanize her at short notice if her quality of life goes down.
He gave me a few things to look out for if she is feeling unwell, and in the meantime I plan to spoil her rotten. Corn? Meal worms? Banana? Blueberries? She gets whatever she wants!
She’s adorable, RC. :hugs :hugs :hugs

Maggie
Thank you for posting, and I am so very sorry. What a lovely girl. :hugs

I don't know who stuck their finger in the shot!
Not a great picture but this is Tack.
Tack decided three days ago that she was going to have a go at that feral business and at dusk disappeared. I did look for her. I still don't know which tree she went up.
It pissed down last night and tonight Tack decided that perhaps the coop wasn't such a bad idea after all.:D
P9280006.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom