It is a simple principle of life.

Any living thing for which you are responsible comes before yourself.

That would include your spouse, children, parents, all animals (pets and livestock), plants (house and crops), insects, anything living.

Then comes you. You are last.

It is a basic principle that all human beings need to be taught as young as possible. It was something which Mrs BY Bob had to learn right as we got the chickens. They came before she sat in front of the TV. It was a great lesson.
Yes. I leave my pen unlatched until I do my final check of a night time. It forces me to go out & check because I know I can't leave it unlatched & I need to go out ~ especially just now to stick my broodies on a roost but I like to check everyone is safely roosted & ok. Any bad moulters may have headed to a nesting box & that is a good sign they are having a really hard time & need some special attention.

Ned and Vicki wish Anna and I well the other morning.
20201022_161630.jpg

It was still dark enough my flash went off!

I really like having him as a "yard bird". There is a small possibility that Rich and I could buy 5 acres with a house and barn on it already. If we do, Ned will become my mascot!!

View attachment 2383310

I really like having him as a "yard bird". There is a small possibility that Rich and I could buy 5 acres with a house and barn on it already. If we do, Ned will become my mascot!!
That is exciting news. :fl Hoping for the best.

That is exciting news. :fl Hoping for the best.
Me too :fl I doubt I'll ever be in the market again, so I get my real estate thrills vicariously :gig

As much as I want this property, It likely won't happen.

Mainly because we aren't preapproved for a mortgage and we won't get one just yet. We're still working on building our credit. The owner was willing to do a rent to own, but the monthly cost would be $1,500.00 a month and that is just WAY over our budget. Now a mortgage would be much lower, likely 800.00 to 900.00 a month, but we just aren't there yet.

It's a heck of a deal for someone who has the financial backing. It's 5 acers with a 3 bedroom, 2 bath house, 6 stall barn, and fenced pasture. He's only asking $200,000.00 which is a GREAT price for the area.

Mainly because we aren't preapproved for a mortgage and we won't get one just yet. We're still working on building our credit. The owner was willing to do a rent to own, but the monthly cost would be $1,500.00 a month and that is just WAY over our budget. Now a mortgage would be much lower, likely 800.00 to 900.00 a month, but we just aren't there yet.

It's a heck of a deal for someone who has the financial backing. It's 5 acers with a 3 bedroom, 2 bath house, 6 stall barn, and fenced pasture. He's only asking $200,000.00 which is a GREAT price for the area.
It sounds perfect... Miracles do happen...

View attachment 2383310

Thanks for the flash warning. I saw the birds eyes, and thought they might be demon possessed! ;)

You are wise to not overextend yourselves. Still, maybe everything will come together for you. :fl

Rocks-Anne, loves to leave the flock. and go exploring. Today she went all the way to the main gate. (Quite a distance from the rest of the birds.).... (Except Jaffar), who was right there, following her, to make sure she had his protection!
(He's such a good roo) Bias opinion of course. but still true!:D

Back
Top Bottom