I told the Princesses that I dropped their jewels inside the new leaf pile. As you can see they searched for them diligently .. .. .. for many hours!
You may also be able to see that Maggie is not looking her best. Her molt is quite severe and her comb is not its normal brilliant red. It isn't pale exactly but looks a bit withered. I do hope she feels OK. I am doing everything I can for her in terms of extra protein, but I notice she isn't as interested in either the commercial feed or my treats.
She is however very interested in worms and bugs (you can see she is quite energetic in the leaf pile) so now I am resorting to digging holes in the garden to find delicacies for her.
I keep reminding myself that it is over a month since the vet suggested euthanasia and it has been a good month for her with lots of interesting chicken-ey things to do.
I think her life is still good but I am counting the days.
😢

Mrs BY Bob needs to know who would be chaperoning any such time together. Phyllis is not permitted unchaperoned assignations. Once she is assured that everything will be proper then Phyllis can decide whether she wants to come or not.

Phyllis is whispering in my ear, "please please I want to go. I love worms and Blu is dreamy." 💕💕💕
View attachment 2387335
And the love affair continues! :th

I told the Princesses that I dropped their jewels inside the new leaf pile. As you can see they searched for them diligently .. .. .. for many hours!
You may also be able to see that Maggie is not looking her best. Her molt is quite severe and her comb is not its normal brilliant red. It isn't pale exactly but looks a bit withered. I do hope she feels OK. I am doing everything I can for her in terms of extra protein, but I notice she isn't as interested in either the commercial feed or my treats.
She is however very interested in worms and bugs (you can see she is quite energetic in the leaf pile) so now I am resorting to digging holes in the garden to find delicacies for her.
I keep reminding myself that it is over a month since the vet suggested euthanasia and it has been a good month for her with lots of interesting chicken-ey things to do.
😢
She looks great. I haven't seen any signs in what you've posted that she's in pain or distressed.

😢
A few of mine are the same way during their moult. This seems to be normal for some hens. I don't think you have cause to worry about Maggie just yet. I think Shad will tell you the same. :hugs

Had a bad few days. The Park has been shut due to Covid. I would have thought it one of the last places one is likely to catch it.:confused:
Anyway, the result has been people have been parking up on the edge of the park and walking in......with their dogs! Yesterday I intecepted 7 dogs off leads. two in the donkey field and one found right outside my house!!!
We are on the edge of the park and there is a track that leads from the main road up here. Today (I think some of the farmers threatened to start shooting the dogs) the police shut the track and it's been quiet. Tribe 1 and 2 have spent a fair bit of the day close to my house. This is Tribe 1, minus Treacle who is in the house having supper.
Tribe 3 have been eating breakfast and then heading straight for the bamboo. Because of where their best shelter spot is, they get tend to have to deal with the dogs first. They haven't come out of the bamboo today apart from when I'm there.
002-PA250118.jpg

Had a bad few days. The Park has been shut due to Covid. I would have thought it one of the last places one is likely to catch it.:confused:
Anyway, the result has been people have been parking up on the edge of the park and walking in......with their dogs! Yesterday I intecepted 7 dogs off leads. two in the donkey field and one found right outside my house!!!
We are on the edge of the park and there is a track that leads from the main road up here. Today (I think some of the farmers threatened to start shooting the dogs) the police shut the track and it's been quiet. Tribe 1 and 2 have spent a fair bit of the day close to my house. This is Tribe 1, minus Treacle who is in the house having supper.
Tribe 3 have been eating breakfast and then heading straight for the bamboo. Because of where their best shelter spot is, they get tend to have to deal with the dogs first. They haven't come out of the bamboo today apart from when I'm there.
View attachment 2387426
Off lead dogs are the worst! I can't say I blame the farmers. Why can't people be responsible?

Back
Top Bottom