The Eye of Phyllis

All this hurricane talk on the news has me think eye of the storm metaphors for Phyllis' molt. It appears that Phyllis' molt has reached her head and has inadvertently improved her eyesight. I can see her eyes for the first time since she arrived. I do think it would help her greatly if those feathers never grew back. I wonder if other Polish owners trim them? I am very scared to put anything pointy near her eyes. She is always surprised and jerks a lot. I would hate to damage her sight while trying to improve it.

Check out how easy it is to see her eye.
View attachment 2390273View attachment 2390274View attachment 2390275

I have put my Silkie's head poof into a ponytail. I have trimmed the feathers before, using blunt end bandage scissors, but I like to ponytail holder because it's not permanent. I can take it out and all is back to normal.

The Eye of Phyllis

All this hurricane talk on the news has me think eye of the storm metaphors for Phyllis' molt. It appears that Phyllis' molt has reached her head and has inadvertently improved her eyesight. I can see her eyes for the first time since she arrived. I do think it would help her greatly if those feathers never grew back. I wonder if other Polish owners trim them? I am very scared to put anything pointy near her eyes. She is always surprised and jerks a lot. I would hate to damage her sight while trying to improve it.

Check out how easy it is to see her eye.
View attachment 2390273View attachment 2390274View attachment 2390275
I think I'd be seriously considering a trim. Get Mrs BY Bob to help you. I do worry about chickens that don't see well.

Yeah, YouTube is so helpful for that! (patterns) I’m not sure I have the patience at this point for complicated patterns. Blankets, scarves and hats are what I enjoy right now. I’ve also made a few shawls... easy and satisfying! Two of the shawls were made with a mix of stitches and a mix of yarns. It’s a fun way to experiment. I love yarn. I don’t buy anything fancy like hand dyed or hand spun, but I could see getting back into crochet more seriously in retirement someday.

Ok, back to chickens! Daylight savings is this weekend, so it’s very likely they’ll go to bed before I get home from work. So sad. No freer range time and no cuddles.
Yes: shawls, scarves & rugs but I have tried a few bookmarks, lacey borders & table pieces. I have my eye on an elven type cloak but it requires a lot of yarn so I need to be rich before I start that! :lau I hated daylight savings when I used to live in Sydney. I am so glad Queensland doesn't have it!

I didn't know you were a fan of "Supernatural" Kris! :D

Lol! It used to film a lot just down the street from me, and Andrew’s Uncle worked on it in the first 4 seasons or so. We finished watching all the episodes except for the last season in 2019... I got DH and my mom hooked on it. What was the best though, was on our 2018 Seattle trip to hear Temple Grandin speak on Autism and her experiences in the livestock industry, we took the Train home to Vancouver and ran into Misha Collins traveling with his son. A very nice person, humble and not at all standoffish.

I’ve had lots of celebrity interactions working at the West Vancouver Whole Foods, and have to say that although some can be complete jerks, most of the time if you just treat them like normal people they are nice enough. One of my ex co-workers has recently been posting to her Facebook best/worst celebrity interaction stories from her time there as well, some are just hilarious.

Back
Top Bottom